MySQL driver for asyncio.
aiomysql is a “driver” for accessing a MySQL database from the asyncio (PEP-3156/tulip) framework. It depends on and reuses most parts of PyMySQL . aiomysql tries to be like awesome aiopg library and preserve same api, look and feel.
Internally aiomysql is copy of PyMySQL, underlying io calls switched to async, basically yield from and asyncio.coroutine added in proper places)). sqlalchemy support ported from aiopg.
aiomysql based on PyMySQL , and provides same api, you just need to use await conn.f() or yield from conn.f() instead of calling conn.f() for every method.
Properties are unchanged, so conn.prop is correct as well as conn.prop = val.
import asyncio import aiomysql async def test_example(loop): pool = await aiomysql.create_pool(host='127.0.0.1', port=3306, user='root', password='', db='mysql', loop=loop) async with pool.acquire() as conn: async with conn.cursor() as cur: await cur.execute("SELECT 42;") print(cur.description) (r,) = await cur.fetchone() assert r == 42 pool.close() await pool.wait_closed() loop = asyncio.get_event_loop() loop.run_until_complete(test_example(loop))
Example of SQLAlchemy optional integration
import asyncio import sqlalchemy as sa from aiomysql.sa import create_engine metadata = sa.MetaData() tbl = sa.Table('tbl', metadata, sa.Column('id', sa.Integer, primary_key=True), sa.Column('val', sa.String(255))) async def go(loop): engine = await create_engine(user='root', db='test_pymysql', host='127.0.0.1', password='', loop=loop) async with engine.acquire() as conn: await conn.execute(tbl.insert().values(val='abc')) await conn.execute(tbl.insert().values(val='xyz')) async for row in conn.execute(tbl.select()): print(row.id, row.val) engine.close() await engine.wait_closed() loop = asyncio.get_event_loop() loop.run_until_complete(go(loop))
- Fix SSL connection handshake charset not respecting client configuration #776
- Don’t send sys.argv as program_name to MySQL server by default #620
- Allow running process as anonymous uid #587
- Fix timed out MySQL 8.0 connections raising InternalError rather than OperationalError #660
- Fix timed out MySQL 8.0 connections being returned from Pool #660
- Ensure connections are properly closed before raising an OperationalError when the server connection is lost #660
- Ensure connections are properly closed before raising an InternalError when packet sequence numbers are out of sync #660
- Unix sockets are now internally considered secure, allowing sha256_password and caching_sha2_password auth methods to be used #695
- Test suite now also tests unix socket connections #696
- Fix SSCursor raising InternalError when last result was not fully retrieved #635
- Remove deprecated no_delay argument #702
- Support PyMySQL up to version 1.0.2 #643
- Bump minimal PyMySQL version to 1.0.0 #713
- Align % formatting in Cursor.executemany() with Cursor.execute(), literal % now need to be doubled in Cursor.executemany() #714
- Fixed unlimited Pool size not working, this is now working as documented by passing maxsize=0 to create_pool #119
- Added Pool.closed property as present in aiopg #463
- Fixed SQLAlchemy connection context iterator #410
- Fix error packet handling for SSCursor #428
- Required python version is now properly documented in python_requires instead of failing on setup.py execution #731
- Add rsa extras_require depending on PyMySQL[rsa] #557
- Migrate to PEP 517 build system #746
- Self-reported __version__ now returns version generated by setuptools-scm during build, otherwise ‘unknown’ #748
- Fix SSCursor raising query timeout error on wrong query #428
- Support python 3.10 #505
- Allow to use custom Cursor subclasses #374
- Fill Connection class with actual client version #388
- Fix legacy __aiter__ methods #403
- Fix & update docs #418 #437
- Ignore pyenv’s .python-version file #424
- Replace asyncio.streams.IncompleteReadError with asyncio.IncompleteReadError #460 #454
- Add support for SQLAlchemy default parameters #455 #466
- Update dependencies #485
- Support Python 3.7 & 3.8 #493
- Fixed connect_timeout #360
- Fixed support for SQLA executemany #324
- Fix the python 3.7 compatibility #357
- Fixed reuse connections when StreamReader has an exception #339
- Fixes warning when inserting binary strings #326
- See v0.0.18
- Updated to support latest PyMySQL changes.
- aiomysql now sends client connection info.
- MySQL8+ Support including sha256_password and cached_sha2_password authentication plugins.
- Default max packet length sent to the server is no longer 1.
- Fixes issue where cursor.nextset can hang on query sets that raise errors.
- Pinned version of PyMySQL
- Added ability to execute precompiled sqlalchemy queries #294 (Thanks @vlanse)
- Fixed handling of user-defined types for sqlalchemy #290
- Fix KeyError when server reports unknown collation #289
- Fixed SSL connection finalization #282
- Added SSL support #280 (Thanks @terrycain)
- Fixed __all__ in aiomysql/__init__ #270 (Thanks @matianjun1)
- Added docker fixtures #275 (Thanks @terrycain)
- Fixed support for SQLAlchemy 1.2.0
- Fixed argument for cursor.execute in sa engine #239 (Thanks @NotSoSuper)
- Fixed README formatting on pypi
- Updated regular expressions to be compatible with pymysql #167 (Thanks @AlexLisovoy)
- Added connection recycling in the pool #216
- Fixed AttributeError in _request_authentication function #104 (Thanks @ttlttl)
- Fixed legacy auth #105
- uvloop added to test suite #106
- Fixed bug with unicode in json field #107 (Thanks @methane)
- Default min pool size reduced to 1 #80 (Thanks @Drizzt1991)
- Update to PyMySQL 0.7.5 #89
- Fixed connection cancellation in process of executing a query #79 (Thanks @Drizzt1991)
- Fix for multiple results issue, ported from pymysql #52
- Fixed useless warning with no_delay option #55
- Added async/await support for Engine, SAConnection, Transaction #57
- pool.release returns future so we can wait on it in __aexit__ #60
- Update to PyMySQL 0.6.7
- Fixed bug with SA rollback (Thanks @khlyestovillarion!)
- Fixed issue with default no_delay option (Thanks @khlyestovillarion!)
- no_delay option is deprecated and True by default
- Add Cursor.mogrify() method
- Support for “LOAD LOCAL INFILE” query.
- Check connection inside pool, in case of timeout drop it, fixes #25
- Add support of python 3.5 features to pool, connection and cursor
- Allow to call connection.wait_closed twice.
- Fixed sqlalchemy 1.0.0 support.
- Fix #11: Rename Connection.wait_closed() to .ensure_closed()
- Raise ResourceWarning on non-closed Connection
- Rename Connection.connect to _connect
- Added support for PyMySQL up to 0.6.6.
- Ported improvements from PyMySQL.
- Added basic documentation.
- Fixed and added more examples.
- Added MANIFEST.in.
- Initial release.
- Implemented plain connections: connect, Connection, Cursor.
- Implemented database pools.
- Ported sqlalchemy optional support.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.