Alignak - Receiver module for the Web services
Alignak Web services module
This module exposes some Web services as a REST API for the Alignak monitoring framework. Indeed it extends the Alignak receiver existing API with some external new services such as: report an host/service check result, send a command to alignak, get information from Alignak, …
It is important to consider that the services exposed by this module currently implement a very first version developed as a Proof of Concept and that they may be refactored without any ascending compatibility.
If you intend to use the current interface feel free to get in touch and we will keep you informed about the current actions and decisions ;)
The installation of this module will copy some configuration files in the Alignak default configuration directory (eg. /usr/local/etc/alignak). The copied files are located in the default sub-directory used for the modules (eg. arbiter/modules).
To install the module from PyPI:
sudo pip install alignak-module-ws
From source files
To install the module from the source files (for developing purpose):
git clone https://github.com/Alignak-monitoring-contrib/alignak-module-ws cd alignak-module-ws sudo pip install . -e
Note: using `sudo python setup.py install` will not correctly manage the package configuration files! The recommended way is really to use `pip`;)
This module for Alignak exposes some Alignak Web Services:
- GET / will return the list of the available endpoints
- GET /alignak_map that will return the map and status of all the Alignak running daemons
- GET /host to get an host information
- GET /hostgroup to get an hostgroup information
- GET /alignak_logs to view the Alignak events history from an Alignak backend
- POST /alignak_command that will notify an external command to the Alignak framework
- PATCH /host/<host_name> that allows to send live state for an host and its services, update host custom variables, enable/disable host checks
Once installed, this module has its own configuration file in the /usr/local/etc/alignak/arbiter/modules directory. The default configuration file is mod-ws.cfg. This file is commented to help configure all the parameters.
To configure an Alignak daemon (receiver is the recommended daemon) to use this module:
- edit your daemon configuration file (eg. receiver-master.cfg)
- add your module alias value (web-services) to the modules parameter of the daemon
Note that currently the SSL part of this module has not yet been tested!
Alignak Web Service module has an online documentation page.
Click on one of the docs badges on this page to browse the documentation.
Bugs, issues and contributing
Contributions to this project are welcome and encouraged … issues in the project repository are the common way to raise an information.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size alignak_module_ws-1.7.7-py3-none-any.whl (113.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size alignak_module_ws-1.7.7.tar.gz (104.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for alignak_module_ws-1.7.7-py3-none-any.whl