Discover both dependants and dependencies of Ansible playbooks and roles, respectively
ansible-discover is a command line tool to list dependencies and dependants of Ansible roles and playbooks, respectively.
One of its prime uses is in a CI tool like Jenkins. Once a change on, say a role, is committed, use ansible-discover to gather the dependant roles and playbooks. From this list, the respective CI jobs for playbook and role validations may then be triggered.
pip install ansible-discover
One use case (like outlined above) is to determine all roles (directly or indirectly) depending on a given set of roles:
ansible-discover roles predecessors PATHS
where PATHS is a space-delimited list of paths to roles (e.g., roles/my_sample_role).
In addition to predecessors (i.e., dependants) for roles, you can also discover
- successors (i.e., dependencies) of roles: ansible-discover roles successors;
- predecessors for playbooks: ansible-discover playbooks predecessors; and
- successors of playbooks: ansible-discover playbooks successors.
Distributed under the XYZ license. See LICENSE.txt for more information.
- Fork it!
- Create your feature branch: git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes: git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch: git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request :)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size ansible_discover-0.2.1-py3-none-any.whl (14.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for ansible_discover-0.2.1-py3-none-any.whl