Minimalist knowledge base focused on digital preservation and building your second brain.
Archivy is a self-hosted knowledge repository that allows you to safely preserve useful content that contributes to your own personal, searchable and extensible wiki.
- If you add bookmarks, their web-pages contents' will be saved to ensure that you will always have access to it, following the idea of digital preservation.
- Bidirectional links between notes.
- Login module that allows you to host the service on a server
- Plugin system to allow people to publish and write extensions to archivy
- Notes are stored in an extended markdown format with footnotes, LaTeX math rendering, syntax highlighting and more.
- CLI that provides a nice backend interface to the app
- Git integration
- Backend API for flexibility and user enhancements
- Everything is a file! For ease of access and editing, all the content is stored in markdown files with yaml front matter.
- Extensible search with Elasticsearch and its Query DSL
- Links / tagging between different knowledge base items
- Image Upload
- Multi User System with permission setup.
Install archivy with
pip install archivy. Other installations methods are listed here, including Docker.
archivy init command to setup you installation.
Then run this and enter a password to create a new user:
$ archivy create-admin <username>
archivy run to serve the app. You can open it at https://localhost:5000 and login with the credentials you entered before.
You can then use archivy to create notes, bookmarks and then organize and store information.
See the official docs for information on other installation methods.
Archivy is dedicated at building open and quality knowledge base software through collaboration and community discussion.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size archivy-1.2.0-py3-none-any.whl (311.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size archivy-1.2.0.tar.gz (298.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|