ARL Python Tools
ARL Python Tools
Packages such as numpy and scipy provide excellent mathematical tools for scientists and engineers using Python. However, these packages are still young and evolving, and understandably have some gaps, especially when it comes to domain-specific requirements. The arlpy package aims to fill in some of the gaps in the areas of underwater acoustics, signal processing, and communication. Additionally, arlpy also includes some commonly needed utilities and plotting routines based on bokeh.
The following modules are general and are likely to be of interest to researchers and developers working on signal processing, communication and underwater acoustics:
- Signal processing (arlpy.signal)
- Communications (arlpy.comms)
- Beamforming and array processing (arlpy.bf)
- Stable distributions (arlpy.stable)
- Geographical coordinates (arlpy.geo)
- Underwater acoustics (arlpy.uwa)
- Underwater acoustic propagation modeling (arlpy.uwapm)
- Plotting utilities (arlpy.plot)
- Common utilities (arlpy.utils)
The following modules are specific to tools available at the ARL and may not be of general interest to others:
- Digital Towed Array (arlpy.dtla)
- ROMANIS (arlpy.romanis)
- HiDAQ (arlpy.hidaq)
- UNET (arlpy.unet)
pip install arlpy
To import all general modules:
Png export of bokeh plots requires selenium, pillow and phantomjs. These are not installed as automatic depdendencies, since they are optional and only required for png export. These should be installed manually, if desired.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.