The ASK SDK Core package provides core Alexa Skills Kit functionality, for building Alexa Skills.
ASK SDK Core - Base components of Python ASK SDK
ask-sdk-core is the core SDK package for Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) by the Software Development Kit (SDK) team for Python. It provides the base components and default implementations which work as the boiler plate code for developing Alexa Skills.
Assuming that you have Python and virtualenv installed, you can install the package and it’s dependencies (ask-sdk-model) from PyPi as follows:
$ virtualenv venv $ . venv/bin/activate $ pip install ask-sdk-core
You can also install the whole standard package locally by following these steps:
$ git clone https://github.com/alexa/alexa-skills-kit-sdk-for-python.git $ cd alexa-skills-kit-sdk-for-python/ask-sdk-core $ virtualenv venv ... $ . venv/bin/activate $ python setup.py install
Usage and Getting Started
Getting started guides, SDK Features, API references, samples etc. can be found at Read The Docs
- We would like to hear about your bugs, feature requests, questions or quick feedback. Please search for the existing issues before opening a new one. It would also be helpful if you follow the templates for issue and pull request creation. Please follow the contributing guidelines!!
- Request and vote for Alexa features!
- Initial release of alexa skills kit core sdk.
- Docstring changes for generated docs.
- unicode_type = six.text_type and define long in Python 3 (#1)
- Use feature detection instead of version detection (#10)
- Send stringified raw data to Alexa APIs (#12)
- Remove inspect.getargspec from sb decorators. Closes #20
- Production release of ASK SDK Core Package.
This release contains the following changes:
This release contains the following changes :
- Add support for Alexa Presentation Language (Public Beta). The Alexa Presentation Language (APL) enables you to build interactive voice experiences that include graphics, images, slideshows, and to customize them for different device types.
This release contains the following features :
- Support for [Name-free Interactions, using CanFulfill Intent in responses](https://developer.amazon.com/docs/custom-skills/implement-canfulfillintentrequest-for-name-free-interaction.html).
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|ask_sdk_core-1.3.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (26.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|ask-sdk-core-1.3.0.tar.gz (18.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|