The ASK SDK Standard package provides a full distribution of the SDK, all batteries included, for building Alexa Skills.
ASK SDK - Standard / Full distribution of Python ASK SDK
ask-sdk is the standard SDK package for Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) by the Software Development Kit (SDK) team for Python. It is a all batteries included package for developing Alexa Skills.
Assuming that you have Python and virtualenv installed, you can install the package and it’s dependencies (ask-sdk-model, ask-sdk-core, ask-sdk-dynamodb-persistence-adapter) from PyPi as follows:
$ virtualenv venv $ . venv/bin/activate $ pip install ask-sdk
You can also install the whole standard package locally by following these steps:
$ git clone https://github.com/alexa/alexa-skills-kit-sdk-for-python.git $ cd alexa-skills-kit-sdk-for-python/ask-sdk $ virtualenv venv ... $ . venv/bin/activate $ python setup.py install
Usage and Getting Started
Getting started guides, SDK Features, API references, samples etc. can be found at Read The Docs
- We would like to hear about your bugs, feature requests, questions or quick feedback. Please search for the existing issues before opening a new one. It would also be helpful if you follow the templates for issue and pull request creation. Please follow the contributing guidelines!!
- Request and vote for Alexa features!
- Initial release of ASK SDK Standard package.
- Docstring changes for generated docs.
- unicode_type = six.text_type and define long in Python 3 (#1)
- Use feature detection instead of version detection (#10)
- Send stringified raw data to Alexa APIs (#12)
- Remove inspect.getargspec from sb decorators. Closes #20
- Production release of ASK SDK Standard Package.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|ask_sdk-1.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (5.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Sep 18, 2018|
|ask-sdk-1.0.0.tar.gz (4.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Sep 18, 2018|