Python-ASN1 is a simple ASN.1 encoder and decoder for Python 2.7+ and 3.5+.
Python-ASN1 is a simple ASN.1 encoder and decoder for Python 2.7 and 3.5+.
- Support BER (parser) and DER (parser and generator) encoding
- 100% python, compatible with version 2.6, 2.7, 3.3 and higher
- Can be integrated by just including a file into your project
Python-ASN1 relies on Python-Future for Python 2 and 3 compatibility. To install Python-Future:
pip install future
How to install Python-asn1
Install from PyPi with the following:
pip install asn1
or download the repository from GitHub and install with the following:
python setup.py install
You can also simply include asn1.py into your project.
How to use Python-asn1
You can find more detailed documentation on the Usage page.
If you want to encode data and retrieve its DER-encoded representation, use code such as:
import asn1 encoder = asn1.Encoder() encoder.start() encoder.write('1.2.3', asn1.Numbers.ObjectIdentifier) encoded_bytes = encoder.output()
If you want to decode ASN.1 from DER or BER encoded bytes, use code such as:
import asn1 decoder = asn1.Decoder() decoder.start(encoded_bytes) tag, value = decoder.read()
The complete documentation is available on Read The Docs:
Python-ASN1 is free software that is made available under the MIT license. Consult the file LICENSE that is distributed together with this library for the exact licensing terms.
The following people have contributed to Python-ASN1. Collectively they own the copyright of this software.
- Tests: Replace nose by pytest
- Add Python 3.8, remove Python 3.4 support
- PR#26 (from rumbah): Add test for default (implicit) encoding types
- PR#25 (from thomwiggers): Attempt to support BIT STRING
- Fix wrong example code, see #27
- (from jcrowgey) Makes the package usable with pip install
- Remove support of Python 3.3 (some dependencies do not support 3.3)
- PR#15 (from ThePlasmaRailgun) Fix parsing of object identifier
- PR#10 (from robinleander): Allow user to determine decoding tagtype
- Use “true” enums instead of classes. Use enun34 backport for old Python versions.
- Fix a bug (#9): two’s complement corner case with values such as -32769. Add new test cases to test them.
- Add more documentation
- Use (simulated) enumerations
- Add Python 2.6 in automated checks and tests
- Add type hints (for static checking) and fix some code
- First public release by Sebastien Andrivet
- Support both python 2 and 3 (with Python-Future)
- All strings are now in unicode
- Add more ASN.1 tags (like PrintableString)
- Fix errors in the example (dump.py)
- Code reorganization
- Initial public release by Geert Jansen
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size asn1-2.3.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (9.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|