Aspose.Tasks Cloud API Reference
Manipulate MS Project Files in Python via Cloud REST API
Aspose.Tasks for Cloud offers the ability to manipulate and convert Microsoft Project MPT, MPP, MPX & Oracle Primavera XER, XML, and PrimaveraP6XML files in Python. Aspose.Tasks Cloud SDK for Python wraps the REST API to make it easier for the developers to integrate MS Project Task Management features in their own cloud-based Python applications on Linux, MacOS, Windows or Android.
MS Project Processing Features
- Add project assignments or delete project assignments along with their references.
- Get the project's outline codes by index & get links to all project tasks.
- Import projects from Primavera DB formats or from databases with the specified connection string.
- Get UIDs of all projects contained in the file & fetch the required assignment with the project based on UID.
- Manage project tasks, resource data, calendars & Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Perform risk analysis using Monte Carlo simulation and create a report.
- Create and set project document properties & fetch all or specific existing properties.
- Get a project's extended attributes, time-scaled data, or recurring info of a specific task.
- Reschedule project tasks, dates, and other settings.
- Calculate slacks & recalculate project completion or incompletion work.
- Fetch a project document in the desired format.
- Delete project task with its related references & rebuild the task tree.
- Convert project documents to other formats.
- Manipulate task data.
- Manage project's resources.
- Handle task links & task assignments.
- Work with project's extended attributes.
- Read Microsoft ProjectвЂ™s document properties such as start and finish date, tasks scheduling types and so on.
- Read Microsoft ProjectвЂ™s Calendars and Calendar Exceptions information.
Read & Write Project Data
Microsoft Project MPP, XML, MPT Primavera MPX
Save Project Data As
XER, XLSX, HTML, XML, TXT, TIF, SVG, PNG, JPEG
Enhancements in Version 20.11
- Support for the batch creation of tasks (i.e. the ability to create multiple tasks in a single API call).
Enhancements in Version 20.8
- Ability to specify the non-default path for Project Server's PWA URL.
- Ability to modify timephasedData collection in assignments.
Enhancements in Version 20.6
- Possibility to render comments when saving as image, HTML or PDF.
- Option to use username and password to connect Project Online (Server) instead of auth token, incase you don't have it.
- Ability to add assignments to your project file along with specifying its cost.
- Quickly adding new tasks to project, when calculation mode is set to automatic.
- Ability to add project in Microsoft Project Server.
- Added support of reading shared resource assignments.
Get Started with Aspose.Tasks Cloud SDK for Python
Install via PIP
pip install aspose-tasks-cloud
You may need to run
pip command with root permission as
sudo pip install aspose-tasks-cloud.
Then import the package as follows.
Install via Setuptools
python setup.py install --user
sudo python setup.py install to install the package for all users.
Then import the package as follows.
Convert MS Project MPP to PDF in Python
# Get your ClientId and ClientSecret from https://dashboard.aspose.cloud (free registration required). api_client = asposetaskscloud.ApiClient() api_client.configuration.host = 'https://api.aspose.cloud' api_client.configuration.api_key['api_key'] = 'MY_CLIENT_SECRET' api_client.configuration.api_key['app_sid'] = 'MY_CLIENT_ID' tasks_api = asposetaskscloud.TasksApi(api_client) file_name = 'SomeSeriousPlan.mpp' upload_request = asposetaskscloud.models.requests.UploadFileRequest(os.path.join(self.remote_test_folder, file_name), file_name) upload_result = self.tasks_api.upload_file(upload_request) request = asposetaskscloud.models.requests.GetReportPdfRequest(file_name, ReportType.MILESTONES) result = tasks_api.get_report_pdf(request)
Aspose.Tasks Cloud SDKs in Popular Languages
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for aspose-tasks-cloud-22.7.0.tar.gz
Hashes for aspose_tasks_cloud-22.7.0-py3-none-any.whl