Abstract Syntax Tree SPY
astspy (Abstract Syntax Tree SPY) is an open source command line tool to extract information from Python source code files.
astspy can be used with Python 3 and 2 code, but make sure to analyze files from each version in their respective environments.
- Print the names of classes and functions found in the file
- Calculate an aproximation of the number of lines of code of each class or function definition (sizes)
- See what functions or classes have docstrings
- Print the locations of the definitions in the file (line numbers)
- Get stats from the sizes of the definitions
You can install, upgrade, and uninstall
astspy.py with these commands:
$ pip install astspy $ pip install --upgrade astspy $ pip uninstall astspy
To get help use:
$ astspy -h
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.