Utilities for track and field athletics
Athlib is a library of functions, data and schema for Athletics (i.e. Track and Field)
We’re building lots of sites for the sport of athletics. When we find something common and testable, we aim to place it here. This library should contain
- static reference data, provided it’s not huge nor available elsewhere
- Python code implementing functions of general interest
Things we hope to put in here:
- standard event codes and their English names
- UKA and other age group calculators
- WMA age grade calculations
- utilities for parsing and formatting performances as commonly input in athletics
- standardised scoring functions
- sample JSON files in line with our schemas
- schemas to validate
# Python documentation
## Python development
For Python developers, please install the extra development requirements with ` pip install -r dev_requirements.txt ` Run tests with…
` python setup.py test `
Check style with ` pycodestyle --exclude=bin,lib,include,sampledata `
You can also copy the file pre-commit.sample to .git/hooks/pre-commit, and the two above checks will be run before any commit, and block it if they return issues.
npm install athlib
Browser links coming soon
npm run build # build for node npm run build-web # build for browser npm run test # tests running in console.
We’d welcome help modernising this. It uses Webpack 1 and gulp. The authors are a bit out of their depth here a.
# Documentation itself
The docs are written using reStructured Text, the Python standard. There is an environment in docs.
cd docs make html