A MAGE-TAB validator for Expression Atlas and Single Cell Expression Atlas
Expression Atlas metadata validator
This is a python module to parse a set of MAGE-TAB files and check for compatibility with the Expression Atlas and Single Cell Expression Atlas analysis pipelines. The main validation script automatically detects the experiment type from the MAGE-TAB and runs the respective tests. Currently general checks (for bulk and single-cell experiment) as well as Single Cell Expression Atlas specific checks are supported.
Python 3.6 and requests (tested with version 2.20.1)
Install with pip:
pip install atlas-metadata-validator
Single-cell MAGE-TAB validator
A MAGE-TAB pre-validation module for running checks that guarantee the experiment can be processed for Single Cell Expression Atlas. The checks are mainly covering the pre-validation by https://github.com/ebi-gene-expression-group/scxa-control-workflow/blob/master/bin/sdrfToNfConf.R in order to guarantee correct processing. It reads metadata directly from the MAGE-TAB and generates a log file in the directory of the IDF file.
The checks can be invoked using the atlas_validation script with an IDF file path as input:
- The SDRF file is expected in the same directory as the IDF file. If this is not the case, the location of the SDRF and other data files can be specified with
- The script guesses the experiment type (sequencing, microarray or single-cell) from the MAGE-TAB. If this was unsuccessful the experiment type can be set by specifying the respective argument
- The data file and URI checks may take long time. Hence there is an option to skip these checks with
- Verbose logging can be activated with
- Special validation rules for HCA-imported experiments can be invoked with
-hcaoption. The validator will otherwise guess if the experiment is an HCA import based on the HCAD accession code in the ExpressionAtlasAccession field.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size atlas_metadata_validator-1.2.1-py3-none-any.whl (17.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size atlas-metadata-validator-1.2.1.tar.gz (10.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for atlas_metadata_validator-1.2.1-py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for atlas-metadata-validator-1.2.1.tar.gz