Automated flight log code
Autoflpy (Automated flight log python) is an open source code to allow you to create customisable flight logs in the field. This code automatically creates flight logs for the user given an input file. It currently works with ardupilot log files taken from the flight computer in the .bin format and converted into the .log format using Mission Planner.
- Free software: GPLv3
- Documentation: https://autoflpy.readthedocs.io.
- Generates a highly customisable flight summary using data from .log and input files.
- Default flight summary includes:
- METAR information of the nearest airfield.
- Checklist Information (if provided).
- Plots for:
- GPS altitude and velocity.
- GPS latitude and longitude plotted on a map**.
- Control inputs throughout the flight.
- Barometric data throughout the flight.
- Flight attitude throughout the flight.
- Flight computer vibrational data.
- Additional arduino data (if supplied).
- Sample data files included. This will be created when the code is run for the first time.
- Full choice of file paths for the data and outputs can be specified using the input file.
** For this feature to work, both geopandas and contextily need to be installed on the local machine. This needs to be done by the user due to difficulty installing these on various operating systems. A short help guide is attached in the installation instructions.
- Custom runway data functionality added
- Code modularised
- Unit tests updated
- Bug fixes
- Automatic take-off detection based on GPS altitude data added
- Requirements updated
- Custom weather data functionality added
- Conditional colouring functionality added to the map plot
- Functionality to add time markers across all plots simultaneously
- Checklist name bug fixed
- Documentation updated
- Addition of a function to mark the arm and disarm points in the flight
- Addition of a function to add custom graph titles to the generated figures
- Preliminary take-off plotting function added. This can onlt be accessed manually
- Added the possibility to export the generated flight log from Jupyter to html without any code showing
- Repaired the checklist function
- Added the ability to change the map line colour through a separate variable
- Previous demonstration data replaced with SITL generated data
- Map formatting improved
- Documentation updated with images and examples
- Improved code formatting
- Added improved map backplotting for greater speed
- Removed warnings in the jupyter notebook
- Improved the map backplotting function
- Renamed graph_function to graph_plotter
- Repaired map backplotting functions
- Added scale factor to map
- Upgraded from .xls to .xlsx
- Figure sizes changed
- Fixed minor issues
- Added better map package installation instructions
- Added data compression for faster notebook running
- Added backplotted map for latitude and longitude data
- Compatibility extended to Python 3.5 and 3.8
- Improved the default template and plotting functions
- Compatibility for multiple operating systems improved
- Metar module issue fixed
- Autoflpy v 1.0.0 released
- Updated Default Template with GPS and autopilot data
- Imporved unit testing
- Checklist issues resolved
- Unittests expanded
- Documentation updated
- Changed autoflpy.py to log_analysis.py
- Default storage directory bug fixed
- Generated the input file into the generated folder structure
- Added example data for first time running
- Fixed path issues in template
- Fixed more directory issues
- Fixed directory issues
- Reformatted directory and added default user files.
- Updates and added code. Reformatted directory.
- First release on PyPI.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size autoflpy-1.1.1.tar.gz (21.4 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|