Microsoft Azure CLI Developer Tools
Microsoft Azure CLI Dev Tools (azdev)
The azdev tool is designed to aid new and experienced developers in contributing to Azure CLI command modules and extensions.
Setting up your development environment
Install Python 3.5+ or 2.7+ from http://python.org. Please note that the version of Python that comes preinstalled on OSX is 2.7.
Create a new virtual environment for Python in the root of your clone. You can do this by running:
Python 3.5+ (all platforms):
python -m venv env
python3 -m venv env
Python 2.7+ (all platforms):
python -m virtualenv env
Activate the env virtual environment by running:
Install azdev by running:
pip install azdev
Complete setup by running:
This will launch the interactive setup process. To see non-interactive options run azdev setup -h.
Reporting issues and feedback
If you encounter any bugs with the tool please file an issue in the Issues section of our GitHub repo.
This project has adopted the Microsoft Open Source Code of Conduct.
If you would like to become an active contributor to this project please follow the instructions provided in Microsoft Azure Projects Contribution Guidelines.
Azure CLI Dev Tools (azdev) Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved. MIT License Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the ""Software""), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED *AS IS*, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.::
- azdev linter: Fix issue with help example rule.
- azdev style: Omit namespace packages from core modules.
- azdev verify document-map: Updates to work correctly on Linux.
- azdev linter: Fix issue where certain installations would fail on ci_exclusions.yml not found.
- azdev setup: Fix regression where azure.cli could not be run after installation.
- azdev cli/extension create: Fix issue where supporting files were not included. Adjust generation logic.
- Update for compatability with azure-cli 2.0.68’s new package structure.
- BREAKING CHANGE: Removed azdev cli update-setup. Package changes to azure-cli no longer require this.
- BREAKING CHANGE: azdev verify history and azdev cli check-versions no longer accept any arguments. Since there are now far fewer modules, these were deemed unnecessary.
- Added new commands azdev cli create and azdev extension create to scaffold new modules/extensions.
- azdev setup: Tweaks to interactive experience.
- azdev test: Fix issue where using –profile did not use the correct index.
- Changed the behavior to switch back to the original profile upon completion of tests.
- Fix issue where azdev cli check-versions did not accept the short form of a module name.
- Update azdev cli check-versions to allow modules as a positional argument, consistent with other azdev commands.
- Fix issue where azdev test –discover could result in a stack trace when a virtual environment exists within an extensions repo.
- Fix critical bug in azdev setup.
- Adds new commands azdev extension build and azdev extension publish to simplify extension publishing.
- Updates default exclusions for azdev linter when used on extensions.
- Adds a –ci-exclusions flag to azdev linter to emulate CI mode when run locally.
- Fix issue where azdev test –discover could result in a stack trace when a virtual environment exists within a cloned repo.
- Tweaks thresholds for azdev per load-times.
- Changes the behavior of azdev test to, by default, run tests on everything to be consistent with commands like azdev style and azdev linter.
- Removes azdev verify version and splits into two commands azdev cli check-versions and azdev cli update-setup.
- Various modifications to play nicely with azure-cli’s CI build system.
- Revamps azdev perf load-times to reduce spurious failures.
- Initial release
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size azdev-0.1.4.tar.gz (50.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|