Microsoft Azure Cognitive Services Video Search Client Library for Python
Microsoft Azure SDK for Python
This is the Microsoft Azure Cognitive Services Video Search Client Library.
This package has been tested with Python 2.7, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8.
For a more complete set of Azure libraries, see the azure bundle package.
For code examples, see Cognitive Services Video Search on docs.microsoft.com.
If you encounter any bugs or have suggestions, please file an issue in the Issues section of the project.
- VideoSearchAPI main client has been renamed VideoSearchClient
General Breaking Changes
This version uses a next-generation code generator that might introduce breaking changes if from some import. In summary, some modules were incorrectly visible/importable and have been renamed. This fixed several issues caused by usage of classes that were not supposed to be used in the first place. VideoSearchClient cannot be imported from azure.cognitiveservices.search.videosearch.video_search_api anymore (import from azure.cognitiveservices.search.videosearch works like before) VideoSearchClientConfiguration import has been moved from azure.cognitiveservices.search.videosearch.video_search_api to azure.cognitiveservices.search.videosearch A model MyClass from a “models” sub-module cannot be imported anymore using azure.cognitiveservices.search.videosearch.models.my_class (import from azure.cognitiveservices.search.videosearch.models works like before) An operation class MyClassOperations from an operations sub-module cannot be imported anymore using azure.cognitiveservices.search.videosearch.operations.my_class_operations (import from azure.cognitiveservices.search.videosearch.operations works like before) Last but not least, HTTP connection pooling is now enabled by default. You should always use a client as a context manager, or call close(), or use no more than one client per process.
- Client class can be used as a context manager to keep the underlying HTTP session open for performance
General Breaking changes
This version uses a next-generation code generator that might introduce breaking changes.
- Model signatures now use only keyword-argument syntax. All positional arguments must be re-written as keyword-arguments. To keep auto-completion in most cases, models are now generated for Python 2 and Python 3. Python 3 uses the “*” syntax for keyword-only arguments.
- Enum types now use the “str” mixin (class AzureEnum(str, Enum)) to improve the behavior when unrecognized enum values are encountered.
While this is not a breaking change, the distinctions are important, and are documented here:
At a glance:
- “is” should not be used at all.
- “format” will return the string value, where “%s” string formatting will return NameOfEnum.stringvalue. Format syntax should be prefered.
- New Long Running Operation:
- Return type changes from msrestazure.azure_operation.AzureOperationPoller to msrest.polling.LROPoller. External API is the same.
- Return type is now always a msrest.polling.LROPoller, regardless of the optional parameters used.
- The behavior has changed when using raw=True. Instead of returning the initial call result as ClientRawResponse, without polling, now this returns an LROPoller. After polling, the final resource will be returned as a ClientRawResponse.
- New polling parameter. The default behavior is Polling=True which will poll using ARM algorithm. When Polling=False, the response of the initial call will be returned without polling.
- polling parameter accepts instances of subclasses of msrest.polling.PollingMethod.
- add_done_callback will no longer raise if called after polling is finished, but will instead execute the callback right away.
- Initial Release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size azure_cognitiveservices_search_videosearch-2.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (29.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size azure-cognitiveservices-search-videosearch-2.0.0.zip (43.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for azure_cognitiveservices_search_videosearch-2.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for azure-cognitiveservices-search-videosearch-2.0.0.zip