Microsoft Azure Event Grid Client Library for Python
Microsoft Azure SDK for Python
This is the Microsoft Azure Event Grid Client Library.
This package has been tested with Python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7.
For a more complete set of Azure libraries, see the azure bundle package.
For code examples, see Event Grid on docs.microsoft.com.
If you encounter any bugs or have suggestions, please file an issue in the Issues section of the project.
- Event Schemas for new event types from IotHub, Media Services, Container Registry, Maps, and AppConfiguration services.
- Event Schemas for new events (IotHub DeviceConnected and DeviceDisconnected events, Resource events related to actions), and breaking changes to the schema for IotHub DeviceCreated event and IotHub DeviceDeleted event.
- Event Schemas for EventGrid subscription validation event, Azure Media events, and ServiceBus events.
General Breaking changes
This version uses a next-generation code generator that might introduce breaking changes.
- Model signatures now use only keyword-argument syntax. All positional arguments must be re-written as keyword-arguments. To keep auto-completion in most cases, models are now generated for Python 2 and Python 3. Python 3 uses the “*” syntax for keyword-only arguments.
- Enum types now use the “str” mixin (class AzureEnum(str, Enum)) to improve the behavior when unrecognized enum values are encountered.
While this is not a breaking change, the distinctions are important, and are documented here:
At a glance:
- “is” should not be used at all.
- “format” will return the string value, where “%s” string formatting will return NameOfEnum.stringvalue. Format syntax should be prefered.
- New Long Running Operation:
- Return type changes from msrestazure.azure_operation.AzureOperationPoller to msrest.polling.LROPoller. External API is the same.
- Return type is now always a msrest.polling.LROPoller, regardless of the optional parameters used.
- The behavior has changed when using raw=True. Instead of returning the initial call result as ClientRawResponse, without polling, now this returns an LROPoller. After polling, the final resource will be returned as a ClientRawResponse.
- New polling parameter. The default behavior is Polling=True which will poll using ARM algorithm. When Polling=False, the response of the initial call will be returned without polling.
- polling parameter accepts instances of subclasses of msrest.polling.PollingMethod.
- add_done_callback will no longer raise if called after polling is finished, but will instead execute the callback right away.
- Client class can be used as a context manager to keep the underlying HTTP session open for performance
- Support for consuming Azure Container Registry events and Azure IoT Hub events published to Event Grid.
- Initial Release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size azure_eventgrid-1.3.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (167.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size azure-eventgrid-1.3.0.zip (176.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for azure_eventgrid-1.3.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl