Microsoft Azure Consumption Client Library for Python
Microsoft Azure SDK for Python
This is the Microsoft Azure Consumption Client Library.
Azure Resource Manager (ARM) is the next generation of management APIs that replace the old Azure Service Management (ASM).
This package has been tested with Python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7.
For the older Azure Service Management (ASM) libraries, see azure-servicemanagement-legacy library.
For a more complete set of Azure libraries, see the azure sdk python release.
To learn how to use this package, see the quickstart guide
For docs and references, see Python SDK References Code samples for this package can be found at Consumption Management on docs.microsoft.com. Additional code samples for different Azure services are available at Samples Repo
If you encounter any bugs or have suggestions, please file an issue in the Issues section of the project.
- Model ReservationRecommendationDetailsCalculatedSavingsProperties has a new parameter reserved_unit_count
- Model ReservationRecommendationDetailsModel has a new parameter location
- Model ReservationRecommendationDetailsModel has a new parameter sku
This is beta preview version. For detailed changelog please refer to equivalent stable version 3.0.0(https://pypi.org/project/azure-mgmt-consumption/3.0.0/)
This version uses a next-generation code generator that introduces important breaking changes, but also important new features (like unified authentication and async programming).
General breaking changes
Credential system has been completly revamped:
msrestazure.azure_active_directoryinstances are no longer supported, use the
azure-identityclasses instead: https://pypi.org/project/azure-identity/
credentialsparameter has been renamed
configattribute no longer exists on a client, configuration should be passed as kwarg. Example:
MyClient(credential, subscription_id, enable_logging=True). For a complete set of supported options, see the parameters accept in init documentation of azure-core
You can't import a
versionmodule anymore, use
Operations that used to return a
msrest.polling.LROPollernow returns a
azure.core.polling.LROPollerand are prefixed with
Exceptions tree have been simplified and most exceptions are now
CloudErrorhas been removed).
Most of the operation kwarg have changed. Some of the most noticeable:
rawhas been removed. Equivalent feature can be found using
cls, a callback that will give access to internal HTTP response for advanced user
- For a complete set of supported options, see the parameters accept in Request documentation of azure-core
General new features
- Type annotations support using
typing. SDKs are mypy ready.
- This client has now stable and official support for async. Check the
aionamespace of your package to find the async client.
- This client now support natively tracing library like OpenCensus or OpenTelemetry. See this tracing quickstart for an overview.
- Model MeterDetails has a new parameter service_name
- Model MeterDetails has a new parameter service_tier
- Model Filters has a new parameter tags
- Model Marketplace has a new parameter is_recurring_charge
- Model PriceSheetProperties has a new parameter offer_id
- Added operation UsageDetailsOperations.download
- Added operation group ForecastsOperations
- Added operation group ChargesOperations
- Added operation group TagsOperations
- Added operation group BalancesOperations
- Added operation group ReservationRecommendationsOperations
- Added operation group AggregatedCostOperations
- Model UsageDetail has a new signature
- Removed operation BudgetsOperations.create_or_update_by_resource_group_name
- Removed operation BudgetsOperations.get_by_resource_group_name
- Removed operation BudgetsOperations.list_by_resource_group_name
- Removed operation BudgetsOperations.delete_by_resource_group_name
- Removed operation UsageDetailsOperations.list_by_billing_period
- Removed operation MarketplacesOperations.list_by_billing_period
General Breaking changes
This version uses a next-generation code generator that might introduce breaking changes.
- Model signatures now use only keyword-argument syntax. All positional arguments must be re-written as keyword-arguments. To keep auto-completion in most cases, models are now generated for Python 2 and Python 3. Python 3 uses the "*" syntax for keyword-only arguments.
- Enum types now use the "str" mixin (class AzureEnum(str, Enum)) to
improve the behavior when unrecognized enum values are encountered.
While this is not a breaking change, the distinctions are important,
and are documented here:
https://docs.python.org/3/library/enum.html#others At a glance:
- "is" should not be used at all.
- "format" will return the string value, where "%s" string
formatting will return
NameOfEnum.stringvalue. Format syntax should be prefered.
- New Long Running Operation:
- Return type changes from
msrest.polling.LROPoller. External API is the same.
- Return type is now always a
msrest.polling.LROPoller, regardless of the optional parameters used.
- The behavior has changed when using
raw=True. Instead of returning the initial call result as
ClientRawResponse, without polling, now this returns an LROPoller. After polling, the final resource will be returned as a
pollingparameter. The default behavior is
Polling=Truewhich will poll using ARM algorithm. When
Polling=False, the response of the initial call will be returned without polling.
pollingparameter accepts instances of subclasses of
add_done_callbackwill no longer raise if called after polling is finished, but will instead execute the callback right away.
- Return type changes from
- Marketplace data with and without billing period
- Price sheets data with and without billing period
- Budget CRUD operations support
- Removing scope from usage_details, reservation summaries and details operations.
- Reservation summaries based on Reservation Order Id and/or ReservationId
- Reservation details based on Reservation Order Id and/or ReservationId
- Featuring stable api GA version 2017-11-30
- Supporting EA customers with azure consumption usage details
- Removing support for calling usage_details.list() with 'invoice_id'. Will feature in future releases.
- Initial Release
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size azure_mgmt_consumption-8.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (145.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size azure-mgmt-consumption-8.0.0.zip (572.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for azure_mgmt_consumption-8.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for azure-mgmt-consumption-8.0.0.zip