Microsoft Azure DNS Management Client Library for Python
Microsoft Azure SDK for Python
This is the Microsoft Azure DNS Management Client Library.
Azure Resource Manager (ARM) is the next generation of management APIs that replace the old Azure Service Management (ASM).
This package has been tested with Python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7.
For the older Azure Service Management (ASM) libraries, see azure-servicemanagement-legacy library.
For a more complete set of Azure libraries, see the azure bundle package.
For code examples, see DNS Management on docs.microsoft.com.
If you encounter any bugs or have suggestions, please file an issue in the Issues section of the project.
General Breaking changes
This version uses a next-generation code generator that might introduce breaking changes if you were importing from the v20xx_yy_zz API folders. In summary, some modules were incorrectly visible/importable and have been renamed. This fixed several issues caused by usage of classes that were not supposed to be used in the first place.
- DnsManagementClient cannot be imported from azure.mgmt.dns.v20xx_yy_zz.dns_management_client anymore (import from azure.mgmt.dns.v20xx_yy_zz works like before)
- DnsManagementClientConfiguration import has been moved from azure.mgmt.dns.v20xx_yy_zz.dns_management_client to azure.mgmt.dns.v20xx_yy_zz
- A model MyClass from a “models” sub-module cannot be imported anymore using azure.mgmt.dns.v20xx_yy_zz.models.my_class (import from azure.mgmt.dns.v20xx_yy_zz.models works like before)
- An operation class MyClassOperations from an operations sub-module cannot be imported anymore using azure.mgmt.dns.v20xx_yy_zz.operations.my_class_operations (import from azure.mgmt.dns.v20xx_yy_zz.operations works like before)
Last but not least, HTTP connection pooling is now enabled by default. You should always use a client as a context manager, or call close(), or use no more than one client per process.
- Model RecordSet has a new parameter target_resource
- Added operation group DnsResourceReferenceOperations
- Fix ARM compliance (correct settings of location, tags, etc.)
- Client class can be used as a context manager to keep the underlying HTTP session open for performance
General Breaking changes
This version uses a next-generation code generator that might introduce breaking changes.
- Model signatures now use only keyword-argument syntax. All positional arguments must be re-written as keyword-arguments. To keep auto-completion in most cases, models are now generated for Python 2 and Python 3. Python 3 uses the “*” syntax for keyword-only arguments.
- Enum types now use the “str” mixin (class AzureEnum(str, Enum)) to improve the behavior when unrecognized enum values are encountered.
While this is not a breaking change, the distinctions are important, and are documented here:
At a glance:
- “is” should not be used at all.
- “format” will return the string value, where “%s” string formatting will return NameOfEnum.stringvalue. Format syntax should be prefered.
- New Long Running Operation:
- Return type changes from msrestazure.azure_operation.AzureOperationPoller to msrest.polling.LROPoller. External API is the same.
- Return type is now always a msrest.polling.LROPoller, regardless of the optional parameters used.
- The behavior has changed when using raw=True. Instead of returning the initial call result as ClientRawResponse, without polling, now this returns an LROPoller. After polling, the final resource will be returned as a ClientRawResponse.
- New polling parameter. The default behavior is Polling=True which will poll using ARM algorithm. When Polling=False, the response of the initial call will be returned without polling.
- polling parameter accepts instances of subclasses of msrest.polling.PollingMethod.
- add_done_callback will no longer raise if called after polling is finished, but will instead execute the callback right away.
- Compatibility of the sdist with wheel 0.31.0
- Add public/private zone
- Add record_sets.list_all_by_dns_zone operation
- Add zones.update operation
- ‘zone_type’ is now required when creating a zone (‘Public’ is equivalent as previous behavior)
New API version 2018-03-01-preview
- add record_type CAA
- remove pointless return type of delete
Api version moves from 2016-04-01 to 2017-09-01
- Add “recordsetnamesuffix” filter parameter to list operations
This wheel package is now built with the azure wheel extension
- Initial release
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size azure_mgmt_dns-3.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (72.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size azure-mgmt-dns-3.0.0.zip (89.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for azure_mgmt_dns-3.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl