Microsoft Azure EventGrid Management Client Library for Python
Microsoft Azure SDK for Python
This is the Microsoft Azure EventGrid Management Client Library.
Azure Resource Manager (ARM) is the next generation of management APIs that replace the old Azure Service Management (ASM).
This package has been tested with Python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5 and 3.6.
For the older Azure Service Management (ASM) libraries, see azure-servicemanagement-legacy library.
For a more complete set of Azure libraries, see the azure bundle package.
IMPORTANT: If you have an earlier version of the azure package (version < 1.0), you should uninstall it before installing this package.
You can check the version using pip:
If you see azure==0.11.0 (or any version below 1.0), uninstall it first:
pip uninstall azure
For code examples, see EventGrid Management on docs.microsoft.com.
If you encounter any bugs or have suggestions, please file an issue in the Issues section of the project.
General Breaking changes
This version uses a next-generation code generator that might introduce breaking changes.
- Model signatures now use only keyword-argument syntax. All positional arguments must be re-written as keyword-arguments. To keep auto-completion in most cases, models are now generated for Python 2 and Python 3. Python 3 uses the “*” syntax for keyword-only arguments.
- Enum types now use the “str” mixin (class AzureEnum(str, Enum)) to improve the behavior when unrecognized enum values are encountered.
While this is not a breaking change, the distinctions are important, and are documented here:
At a glance:
- “is” should not be used at all.
- “format” will return the string value, where “%s” string formatting will return NameOfEnum.stringvalue. Format syntax should be prefered.
- New Long Running Operation:
- Return type changes from msrestazure.azure_operation.AzureOperationPoller to msrest.polling.LROPoller. External API is the same.
- Return type is now always a msrest.polling.LROPoller, regardless of the optional parameters used.
- The behavior has changed when using raw=True. Instead of returning the initial call result as ClientRawResponse, without polling, now this returns an LROPoller. After polling, the final resource will be returned as a ClientRawResponse.
- New polling parameter. The default behavior is Polling=True which will poll using ARM algorithm. When Polling=False, the response of the initial call will be returned without polling.
- polling parameter accepts instances of subclasses of msrest.polling.PollingMethod.
- add_done_callback will no longer raise if called after polling is finished, but will instead execute the callback right away.
- Client class can be used as a context manager to keep the underlying HTTP session open for performance
- EventSubscription create is renamed to create_or_update.
- Regenerated SDK based on 2018-01-01 API version.
- OperationOrigin enum is removed. Origin of the operation is now a string.
- Support for updating Topic properties
- Use WebHookEventSubscriptionDestination for webhook endpoint URLs.
- Regenerated based on 2017-09-15-preview version
- Fix unexpected exception in some delete call
- Initial Release
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|azure_mgmt_eventgrid-1.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (51.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|azure-mgmt-eventgrid-1.0.0.zip (60.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|