Microsoft Azure Msi Management Client Library for Python
Microsoft Azure SDK for Python
This is the Microsoft Azure Msi Management Client Library. This package has been tested with Python 3.7+. For a more complete view of Azure libraries, see the azure sdk python release.
Azure SDK Python packages support for Python 2.7 has ended 01 January 2022. For more information and questions, please refer to https://github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-python/issues/20691
- Python 3.7+ is required to use this package.
- Azure subscription
Install the package
pip install azure-mgmt-msi pip install azure-identity
By default, Azure Active Directory token authentication depends on correct configure of following environment variables.
AZURE_CLIENT_IDfor Azure client ID.
AZURE_TENANT_IDfor Azure tenant ID.
AZURE_CLIENT_SECRETfor Azure client secret.
In addition, Azure subscription ID can be configured via environment variable
With above configuration, client can be authenticated by following code:
from azure.identity import DefaultAzureCredential from azure.mgmt.msi import ManagedServiceIdentityClient import os sub_id = os.getenv("AZURE_SUBSCRIPTION_ID") client = ManagedServiceIdentityClient(credential=DefaultAzureCredential(), subscription_id=sub_id)
If you encounter any bugs or have suggestions, please file an issue in the Issues section of the project.
- Model FederatedIdentityCredential has a new parameter system_data
- Model Identity has a new parameter system_data
- Model IdentityUpdate has a new parameter system_data
- Model ProxyResource has a new parameter system_data
- Model Resource has a new parameter system_data
- Model SystemAssignedIdentity has a new parameter system_data
- Model TrackedResource has a new parameter system_data
- Removed operation UserAssignedIdentitiesOperations.list_associated_resources
- Added operation group FederatedIdentityCredentialsOperations
- Change the internal folder name from
- Change from single-api package to multiple-api package which permits users to pass in different api version in client.
- Added operation UserAssignedIdentitiesOperations.list_associated_resources
This is beta preview version.
This version uses a next-generation code generator that introduces important breaking changes, but also important new features (like unified authentication and async programming).
General breaking changes
Credential system has been completly revamped:
msrestazure.azure_active_directoryinstances are no longer supported, use the
azure-identityclasses instead: https://pypi.org/project/azure-identity/
credentialsparameter has been renamed
configattribute no longer exists on a client, configuration should be passed as kwarg. Example:
MyClient(credential, subscription_id, enable_logging=True). For a complete set of supported options, see the parameters accept in init documentation of azure-core
You can't import a
versionmodule anymore, use
Operations that used to return a
msrest.polling.LROPollernow returns a
azure.core.polling.LROPollerand are prefixed with
Exceptions tree have been simplified and most exceptions are now
CloudErrorhas been removed).
Most of the operation kwarg have changed. Some of the most noticeable:
rawhas been removed. Equivalent feature can be found using
cls, a callback that will give access to internal HTTP response for advanced user
- For a complete set of supported options, see the parameters accept in Request documentation of azure-core
General new features
- Type annotations support using
typing. SDKs are mypy ready.
- This client has now stable and official support for async. Check the
aionamespace of your package to find the async client.
- This client now support natively tracing library like OpenCensus or OpenTelemetry. See this tracing quickstart for an overview.
This package is using the stable API version 2018-11-30 and doesn't expose any API changes compared to 0.2.0.
- Client class can be used as a context manager to keep the underlying HTTP session open for performance
General Breaking changes
This version uses a next-generation code generator that might introduce breaking changes.
- Model signatures now use only keyword-argument syntax. All positional arguments must be re-written as keyword-arguments. To keep auto-completion in most cases, models are now generated for Python 2 and Python 3. Python 3 uses the "*" syntax for keyword-only arguments.
- Enum types now use the "str" mixin (class AzureEnum(str, Enum)) to
improve the behavior when unrecognized enum values are encountered.
While this is not a breaking change, the distinctions are important,
and are documented here:
https://docs.python.org/3/library/enum.html#others At a glance:
- "is" should not be used at all.
- "format" will return the string value, where "%s" string
formatting will return
NameOfEnum.stringvalue. Format syntax should be prefered.
- New Long Running Operation:
- Return type changes from
msrest.polling.LROPoller. External API is the same.
- Return type is now always a
msrest.polling.LROPoller, regardless of the optional parameters used.
- The behavior has changed when using
raw=True. Instead of returning the initial call result as
ClientRawResponse, without polling, now this returns an LROPoller. After polling, the final resource will be returned as a
pollingparameter. The default behavior is
Polling=Truewhich will poll using ARM algorithm. When
Polling=False, the response of the initial call will be returned without polling.
pollingparameter accepts instances of subclasses of
add_done_callbackwill no longer raise if called after polling is finished, but will instead execute the callback right away.
- Return type changes from
- Compatibility of the sdist with wheel 0.31.0
- Initial Release
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for azure_mgmt_msi-7.0.0-py3-none-any.whl