Microsoft Azure Policy Insights Client Library for Python
Microsoft Azure SDK for Python
This is the Microsoft Azure Policy Insights Client Library. This package has been tested with Python 2.7, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8. For a more complete view of Azure libraries, see the azure sdk python release.
To learn how to use this package, see the quickstart guide
For docs and references, see Python SDK References Code samples for this package can be found at Policy Insights Management on docs.microsoft.com. Additional code samples for different Azure services are available at Samples Repo
If you encounter any bugs or have suggestions, please file an issue in the Issues section of the project.
- Model ExpressionEvaluationDetails has a new parameter expression_kind
- Added operation group PolicyRestrictionsOperations
This is beta preview version.
This version uses a next-generation code generator that introduces important breaking changes, but also important new features (like unified authentication and async programming).
General breaking changes
Credential system has been completly revamped:
msrestazure.azure_active_directoryinstances are no longer supported, use the
azure-identityclasses instead: https://pypi.org/project/azure-identity/
credentialsparameter has been renamed
configattribute no longer exists on a client, configuration should be passed as kwarg. Example:
MyClient(credential, subscription_id, enable_logging=True). For a complete set of supported options, see the parameters accept in init documentation of azure-core
You can't import a
versionmodule anymore, use
Operations that used to return a
msrest.polling.LROPollernow returns a
azure.core.polling.LROPollerand are prefixed with
Exceptions tree have been simplified and most exceptions are now
CloudErrorhas been removed).
Most of the operation kwarg have changed. Some of the most noticeable:
rawhas been removed. Equivalent feature can be found using
cls, a callback that will give access to internal HTTP response for advanced user
- For a complete set of supported options, see the parameters accept in Request documentation of azure-core
General new features
- Type annotations support using
typing. SDKs are mypy ready.
- This client has now stable and official support for async. Check the
aionamespace of your package to find the async client.
- This client now support natively tracing library like OpenCensus or OpenTelemetry. See this tracing quickstart for an overview.
- Model PolicyState has a new parameter policy_set_definition_version
- Model PolicyState has a new parameter policy_definition_version
- Model PolicyState has a new parameter policy_assignment_version
- Added operation PolicyStatesOperations.trigger_subscription_evaluation
- Added operation PolicyStatesOperations.trigger_resource_group_evaluation
- Model PolicyDefinitionSummary has a new parameter policy_definition_group_names
- Model Remediation has a new parameter resource_discovery_mode
- Model PolicyAssignmentSummary has a new parameter policy_groups
- Model PolicyState has a new parameter policy_definition_group_names
- Model SummaryResults has a new parameter policy_group_details
- Model SummaryResults has a new parameter policy_details
- Model SummaryResults has a new parameter resource_details
- Added operation group PolicyMetadataOperations
- Removed operation PolicyStatesOperations.get_metadata
General Breaking Changes
This version uses a next-generation code generator that might introduce breaking changes if from some import. In summary, some modules were incorrectly visible/importable and have been renamed. This fixed several issues caused by usage of classes that were not supposed to be used in the first place. PolicyInsightsClient cannot be imported from azure.mgmt.policyinsights.policy_insights_client anymore (import from azure.mgmt.policyinsights works like before) PolicyInsightsClientConfiguration import has been moved from azure.mgmt.policyinsights.policy_insights_client to azure.mgmt.policyinsights A model MyClass from a "models" sub-module cannot be imported anymore using azure.mgmt.policyinsights.models.my_class (import from azure.mgmt.policyinsights.models works like before) An operation class MyClassOperations from an operations sub-module cannot be imported anymore using azure.mgmt.policyinsights.operations.my_class_operations (import from azure.mgmt.policyinsights.operations works like before) Last but not least, HTTP connection pooling is now enabled by default. You should always use a client as a context manager, or call close(), or use no more than one client per process.
- Fix expressionValues and targetValues type
- Model QueryOptions has a new parameter expand
- Model PolicyState has a new parameter policy_evaluation_details
- Model PolicyState has a new parameter compliance_state
- Added operation group RemediationsOperations
- Added operation group PolicyTrackedResourcesOperations
- Initial Release
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for azure-mgmt-policyinsights-1.0.0.zip
Hashes for azure_mgmt_policyinsights-1.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl