Microsoft Azure Storage Management Client Library for Python
Microsoft Azure SDK for Python
This is the Microsoft Azure Storage Management Client Library.
Azure Resource Manager (ARM) is the next generation of management APIs that replace the old Azure Service Management (ASM).
This package has been tested with Python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7.
For the older Azure Service Management (ASM) libraries, see azure-servicemanagement-legacy library.
For a more complete set of Azure libraries, see the azure bundle package.
IMPORTANT: If you have an earlier version of the azure package (version < 1.0), you should uninstall it before installing this package.
You can check the version using pip:
If you see azure==0.11.0 (or any version below 1.0), uninstall it first:
pip uninstall azure
For code examples, see Storage Management on docs.microsoft.com.
If you encounter any bugs or have suggestions, please file an issue in the Issues section of the project.
- Fix #4013 - “use_sub_domain” should be “use_sub_domain_name”
- Model StorageAccount has a new parameter geo_replication_stats
- Model StorageAccount has a new parameter failover_in_progress
- Added operation StorageAccountsOperations.failover
- Added operation group BlobServicesOperations
- Operation StorageAccountsOperations.get_properties now support expand parameter
- Model StorageAccount has a new parameter enable_azure_files_aad_integration
- Model StorageAccountCreateParameters has a new parameter enable_azure_files_aad_integration
- Model StorageAccountUpdateParameters has a new parameter enable_azure_files_aad_integration
- Added operation group ManagementPoliciesOperations. This is considered preview and breaking changes might happen.
- “usage” has been renamed “usages”, and the “list” operation has been replaced by “list_by_location”. Ability to make usage requests locally is not available anymore.
- azure-mgmt-nspkg is not installed anymore on Python 3 (PEP420-based namespace package)
- Set the signed resource as optional instead of required
Support HDFS feature and web endpoint in Account properties
- Model StorageAccountCreateParameters has a new parameter is_hns_enabled
- Model Endpoints has a new parameter web
- Model Endpoints has a new parameter dfs
- Model StorageAccount has a new parameter is_hns_enabled
- Add preview version of management policy (API 2018-03-01-preview only). This is considered preview and breaking changes might happen if you opt in for that Api Version.
- Correct azure-common dependency
- Fix default “models” import to 2018-02-01
- Add blob containers operations, immutability policy
- Add usage.list_by_location
- Client now supports Azure profiles.
- Client class can be used as a context manager to keep the underlying HTTP session open for performance
General Breaking changes
This version uses a next-generation code generator that might introduce breaking changes.
- Model signatures now use only keyword-argument syntax. All positional arguments must be re-written as keyword-arguments. To keep auto-completion in most cases, models are now generated for Python 2 and Python 3. Python 3 uses the “*” syntax for keyword-only arguments.
- Enum types now use the “str” mixin (class AzureEnum(str, Enum)) to improve the behavior when unrecognized enum values are encountered.
While this is not a breaking change, the distinctions are important, and are documented here:
At a glance:
- “is” should not be used at all.
- “format” will return the string value, where “%s” string formatting will return NameOfEnum.stringvalue. Format syntax should be prefered.
- New Long Running Operation:
- Return type changes from msrestazure.azure_operation.AzureOperationPoller to msrest.polling.LROPoller. External API is the same.
- Return type is now always a msrest.polling.LROPoller, regardless of the optional parameters used.
- The behavior has changed when using raw=True. Instead of returning the initial call result as ClientRawResponse, without polling, now this returns an LROPoller. After polling, the final resource will be returned as a ClientRawResponse.
- New polling parameter. The default behavior is Polling=True which will poll using ARM algorithm. When Polling=False, the response of the initial call will be returned without polling.
- polling parameter accepts instances of subclasses of msrest.polling.PollingMethod.
- add_done_callback will no longer raise if called after polling is finished, but will instead execute the callback right away.
- Add StorageV2 as valid kind
- Add official support for API version 2017-10-01
- Add skus operations group to the generic client
- Add official support for API version 2016-01-01
- Adds list_skus operation (2017-06-01)
- Rename the preview attribute “network_acls” to “network_rule_set”
- Remove “tests” packaged by mistake (#1365)
- Api version 2017-06-01 is now the default
- This API version adds Network ACLs objects (2017-06-01 as preview)
- Added support for https traffic only (2016-12-01)
- Tag 1.0.0rc1 as stable (same content)
To help customers with sovereign clouds (not general Azure), this version has official multi ApiVersion support for 2015-06-15 and 2016-12-01
- New list_account_sas operation
- New list_service_sas operation
- Name syntax are now checked before RestAPI call, not the server (exception changed)
Based on API version 2016-12-01.
- Initial release. Based on API version 2016-01-01 Note that this is the same content as 0.30.0rc6, committed as 0.30.0.
- Initial preview release. Based on API version 2015-05-01-preview.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|azure_mgmt_storage-3.1.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (696.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|azure-mgmt-storage-3.1.1.zip (718.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|