Bro Analysis Tools
The BAT Python package supports the processing and analysis of Bro data with Pandas, scikit-learn, and Spark
Recent Improvements (Fall 2019):
- Better Docs (https://supercowpowers.github.io/bat/)
- Faster/Smaller Pandas Dataframes for large log files: Large Dataframes
- Better Panda Dataframe to Matrix (ndarray) support: Dataframe To Matrix
- Vastly improved Spark Dataframe Class:
BroCon 2017 Presentation
Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Bro, and You! (Video)
Bro already has a flexible, powerful scripting language why should I use BAT?
Offloading: Running complex tasks like statistics, state machines, machine learning, etc.. should be offloaded from Bro so that Bro can focus on the efficient processing of high volume network traffic.
Data Analysis: We have a large set of support classes that help bridge from raw Bro data to packages like Pandas, scikit-learn, and Spark. We also have example notebooks that show step-by-step how to get from here to there.
How-To Analysis Notebooks
- Bro to Scikit-Learn
- Bro to Matplotlib
- Bro to Spark
- Bro to Parquet
- Bro to Kafka to Spark
- Clustering: Picking K (or not)
- Anomaly Detection Exploration
- Risky Domains Stats and Deployment
$ pip install bat
- The DummyEncoder is inspired by Tom Augspurger's great PyData Chicago 2016 Talk
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size bat-0.3.7-py2.py3-none-any.whl (164.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size bat-0.3.7.tar.gz (141.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|