Utils for the Python bitarray module
bautils is a Python module implementing some useful helper functions for working with the Python bitarray module. Specifically, bautils supports adding (and, coming soon) other basic arithmetic operations on bitarrays as if they were arbitrary length binary numbers, something the bitarray package itself doesn’t seem to support.
It also contains helper methods to convert between the binary arrays in the pure Python bitstring module
I opted to put these functions in a new module; none are terribly complicated to implement, so they’re essentially just a set of convenient wrappers.
Unit tests are also a work in progress.
This logs changes starting from version 0.1.1.
- Fix another namespace issue in minb and maxb functions.
- Add tests for the random, minb, and maxb functions, mostly completing tests.
- Fix namespace collision issue between bautils.random and random module.
- Adds unit tests for left and right shift functions.
- Fixes bug where left/right shifts modified their input.
bautils is written by Ben Rosser firstname.lastname@example.org, and is released under the MIT License (see LICENSE file).