Program to migrate data for DfT BICC reporting process.
- Ensure Python 3.6.2 or later is installed on your system.
- Ensure git is installed on your system.
- pip install bcompiler
- bcompiler --help
bcompiler is a tool to manage data involved in the BICC reporting process at the UK Department for Transport.
bcompiler processes data held in Excel files, either compiling similar data from many Excel files into a single master spreadsheet, or populating many Excel files using the data from a master spreadsheet.
“Auxiliary” files are required to map data in each direction, and to templates. These files are contained in a DfT reporitory on GitHub. bcompiler can be used to obtain/update these files.
Full documentation for the project can be found at http://bcompiler.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html.
30 October 2017
- Fix bug where not all columns in master are being processed during swimlane analyser.
17 October 2017
- Changed ERROR log message to WARNING to accommodate dates mixed with free text.
16 October 2017
- Fix bug where cell value in string and datetime value would try to compare arithmetically.
11 October 2017
- Fix bug where .xlsx files not being picked up.
- Improved exception handling and bug fixes.
10 October 2017
- Handling cp1252 encoding coming through from Windows
- Added CHANGES.txt
- Minor bugfixes
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|bcompiler-1.3.19-py3-none-any.whl (84.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3||Feb 15, 2018|
|bcompiler-1.3.19.tar.gz (65.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Feb 15, 2018|