bepasty is like a pastebin for all kinds of files (text, image, audio, video,
documents, …, binary).
The documentation is there:
- you can upload multiple files at once, simply by drag and drop
- after upload, you get a unique link to a view of each file
- on that view, we show actions you can do with the file, metadata of the
file and, if possible, we also render the file contents
- if you uploaded multiple files, you can create a pastebin with the list
of all these files - with a single click!
- Set an expiration date for your files
- Text files:
- we highlight all text file types supported by pygments (a lot!)
- we display line numbers
- we link from line numbers to their anchors, so you can easily get a link
to a specific line
- Image files:
- we show the image (format support depends on browser)
- Audio and video files:
- we show the html5 player for it (format support depends on browser)
- we support rendering PDFs in your browser (if your browser is able to)
- Storage: we use a storage backend api, currently we have backends for:
- filesystem storage (just use a filesystem directory to store
<uuid>.meta and <uuid>.data files)
- currently there are no other storage implementations in master branch
and releases. The “ceph cluster” storage implementation has issues and
currently lives in branch “ceph-storage” until these issues are fixed.
- Keeping some control:
- flexible permissions: create, read, delete, admin
- assign permissions to users of login secrets
- assign default permissions to not-logged-in users
- you can purge files from storage by age, inactivity, size, type, …
- you can do consistency checks on the storage
# Clone the official bepasty-server (or your fork, if you want to send PULL requests)
git clone https://github.com/bepasty/bepasty-server.git
# Create a new virtualenv
# Activate the virtualenv
# This will use the current directory for the installed package
# Very useful during development! It will also autoreload when files are changed
pip install -e .
# Run the bepasty-server in debug mode. The server is reachable in http://127.0.0.1:5000
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.