Turn a Git repo into a collection of interactive notebooks
What is BinderHub?
BinderHub allows you to BUILD and REGISTER a Docker image using a GitHub repository, then CONNECT with JupyterHub, allowing you to create a public IP address that allows users to interact with the code and environment within a live JupyterHub instance. You can select a specific branch name, commit, or tag to serve.
BinderHub ties together:
- JupyterHub to provide a scalable system for authenticating users and spawning single user Jupyter Notebook servers, and
- Repo2Docker which generates a Docker image using a Git repository hosted online.
BinderHub is created using Python, kubernetes, tornado, and traitlets. As such, it should be a familiar technical foundation for Jupyter developers.
Collections of Jupyter notebooks are becoming more common in scientific research and data science. The ability to serve these collections on demand enhances the usefulness of these notebooks.
Who is BinderHub for?
- Users who want to easily interact with computational environments that others have created.
- Authors who want to create links that allow users to immediately interact with a computational enviroment that you specify.
- Deployers who want to create their own BinderHub to run on whatever hardware they choose.
BinderHub is based on Python 3, it’s currently only hosted on GitHub (pip release soon). However, it can be installed using pip:
pip install git+https://github.com/jupyterhub/binderhub
See the BinderHub documentation for a detailed guide on setting up your own BinderHub server.
Local development: To run BinderHub locally in order to make contributions to the codebase, see the contribution guide.
For more information about the architecture, use, and setup of BinderHub, see the BinderHub documentation.
See LICENSE file in this repository.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size binderhub-0.1.0-py3-none-any.whl (1.6 MB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size binderhub-0.1.0.tar.gz (1.7 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for binderhub-0.1.0-py3-none-any.whl