blog-aware, static site generator
blag is a blog-aware, static site generator, written in Python.
- an example "deployment" can be found here
- online documentation is available on https://readthedocs.org.
blag is named after the blag of the webcomic xkcd.
- Write content in Markdown
- Good looking default theme:
- Theming support using Jinja2 templates
- Generation of Atom feeds for blog content
- Fenced code blocks and syntax highlighting using Pygments
- Integrated devserver
- Available on PyPI
blag runs on Linux, Mac and Windows and requires Python >= 3.8
blag is available on PyPI, you can install it via:
$ pip install blag
On Debian or Ubuntu, you can also just install the Debian package:
$ sudo aptitude install blag
$ pip install blag # 1. install blag $ blag quickstart # 2. create a new site $ vim content/hello-world.md # 3. create some content $ blag build # 4. build the website
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.