A simple blog engine plugin for Blogofile
This is a Blogofile plugin that implements a basic blog engine.
It provides a collection of Mako template files along with CSS and ancillary files, all derived from the HTML5Boilerplate project. It also provided Blogofile configuration, controllers, filters, and commands to allow you to create a simple blog engine that requires no database and no special hosting environment.
The templates include features like:
- Custom web fonts from Google
- Disqus comments
- Google Analytics tracking code stub
- seaofclouds jQuery twitter plugin
Use them or remove them as you wish.
There’s also a few sample posts to show off:
- Syntax highlighting for code snippets
- Unicode support
- Basic Markdown syntax
Take a look at the blogofile project docs for a quick-start guide, and detailed usage instructions.
Or create a virtualenv and dive right in with:
pip install -U blogofile pip install -U blogofile_blog
- Change templates to load disqus with a protocol-relative URL. See https://github.com/EnigmaCurry/blogofile_blog/pull/29
- Add page_num to environment of categories and chronological controllers so that it can be used in templates. See https://github.com/EnigmaCurry/blogofile_blog/pull/27
- Add YAML error message to “Post has bad YAML section” error message. See https://github.com/EnigmaCurry/blogofile_blog/pull/24
- Add Python 3.3 to list of versions that blogofile_blog is tested under. That list is now Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, and 3.3.
- Fix typo in default head.mako template. See https://github.com/EnigmaCurry/blogofile_blog/issues/23
- Fix an issue whereby use of the post UUID (aka guid) in the permalink caused TypeError due to bytes vs. string. See https://github.com/EnigmaCurry/blogofile_blog/issues/14
- Add md as a synonym for markdown to the default filters file extension list. See https://github.com/EnigmaCurry/blogofile_blog/issues/21
- Fix handling of Unicode in Markdown syntax highlighting filter. See https://github.com/EnigmaCurry/blogofile_blog/issues/20
- Allow multiple user template directories. See https://github.com/EnigmaCurry/blogofile_blog/issues/13 and https://github.com/orki/blogofile_blog/commit/9ab46d4
- Improved readability of default header.mako template, and fixed highlighting of site sections in header bar so that “Blog” remains highlighted for all posts.
- Changed URLs to end with a / to avoid spurious 301 responses. See https://github.com/EnigmaCurry/blogofile_blog/issues/5
- Fix handling of post header date and updated fields that are converted to datetime objects by the YAML parser. See https://github.com/EnigmaCurry/blogofile_blog/pull/1
- Use config.blog.post.date_format in post file header creation as well as in post file processing.
If you’ve been using the blogofile_blog code from GitHub but haven’t updated in a while you should take note of the following.
- Functions in the blogofile.util module can now only be accessed in templates via the bf.util namespace; e.g. bf.util.site_path_helper(). Accessing util functions via bf.config.util no longer works. It is unknown how widespread the use of bf.config.util is, but at least 2 in-the-wild occurrences were found and corrected in the blogofile.com site source files.
- Fix an issue with the template lookup order whereby user’s templates failed to override plugin site_src template of the same name. See https://github.com/EnigmaCurry/blogofile_blog/issues/13
- Fix Python 2 handling of utf-8 encoded content in posts. See https://github.com/EnigmaCurry/blogofile_blog/pull/10.
- Fix disabling of Disqus comments on permalink page. See https://github.com/EnigmaCurry/blogofile_blog/pull/9.
- The codebase has been unified for Python 2.6, 2.7 and 3.2 (no 2to3 or 3to2 conversion required).
- No longer dependent on a version of the argparse library bundled with blogofle. argparse is included in the standard library for Python 2.7 and 3.2+. setup.py will install it from PyPI for Python 2.6, 3.0, and 3.1.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size blogofile_blog-0.8.3.tar.gz (78.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|