Web application framework for the impatient
Bobo is a light-weight framework for creating WSGI web applications.
Its goal is to be easy to use and remember.
It addresses 2 problems:
- Mapping URLs to objects
- Calling objects to generate HTTP responses
Bobo doesn’t have a templating language, a database integration layer, or a number of other features that are better provided by WSGI middle-ware or application-specific libraries.
Bobo builds on other frameworks, most notably WSGI and WebOb.
To learn more. visit: http://bobo.digicool.com
- Dropped support for Python 2.6 and 3.3.
- Added support for Python 3.4, 3.5, and 3.6 (mostly verifying that tests pass).
- Don’t encode text locations in redirects, as that breaks with modern versions of WebOb.
- Bobo will encode Unicode URLs for redirects automatically.
- Bobo will pass resource function arguments from data in JSON request bodies.
- Bobo will now pass resource function arguments from data in JSON request bodies.
- Fixed: Reloading modules sometimes failed
- The bobo.Application constructor now accepts objects as well as strings for the bobo options. This makes application definition from Python a bit cleaner.
- A new bobo_handle_exceptions options makes it easy to tell bobo not to catch application exceptions. This is helpful is you’re using WSGI middleware to handle exceptions.
- The object provided to bobo_errors option can now provide a subset of error handlers.
- Added Python 3 support!
- Add decorators to define resource handlers for additional HTTP methods (put, get, head, delete, options).
- With the addition of bobo.put, bobo.post was changed to no longer handle PUT requests.
- Minimum supported Python version is 2.6.
- Updated to work with WebOb 1.2
- Added backtracking when searching for resources to deal with a case when a route doesn’t handle a request method, but a later-matching route does.
- Bobo now catches application exceptions and generates 500 responses by default.
- Sanitize the request path included in the message on the default 404 page.
- An intended optimization to cache resource decorator computations didn’t work, making request handling slower than it should have been.
- URLs were sometimes treated as if they had extra slashes when traversing subroutes.
- boboserver.File must explicitly open files in binary mode, which is not the default on Windows.
Packaging update to update documentation.
Initial Public Release
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size bobo-2.4.0.tar.gz (17.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|