Web application framework for the impatient
Bobo is a light-weight framework for creating WSGI web applications.
Its goal is to be easy to use and remember.
It addresses 2 problems:
- Mapping URLs to objects
- Calling objects to generate HTTP responses
Bobo doesn’t have a templating language, a database integration layer, or a number of other features that are better provided by WSGI middle-ware or application-specific libraries.
Bobo builds on other frameworks, most notably WSGI and WebOb.
To learn more. visit: http://bobo.digicool.com
- Dropped support for Python 2.6 and 3.3.
- Added support for Python 3.4, 3.5, and 3.6 (mostly verifying that tests pass).
- Don’t encode text locations in redirects, as that breaks with modern versions of WebOb.
- Bobo will encode Unicode URLs for redirects automatically.
- Bobo will pass resource function arguments from data in JSON request bodies.
- Bobo will now pass resource function arguments from data in JSON request bodies.
- Fixed: Reloading modules sometimes failed
- The bobo.Application constructor now accepts objects as well as strings for the bobo options. This makes application definition from Python a bit cleaner.
- A new bobo_handle_exceptions options makes it easy to tell bobo not to catch application exceptions. This is helpful is you’re using WSGI middleware to handle exceptions.
- The object provided to bobo_errors option can now provide a subset of error handlers.
- Added Python 3 support!
- Add decorators to define resource handlers for additional HTTP methods (put, get, head, delete, options).
- With the addition of bobo.put, bobo.post was changed to no longer handle PUT requests.
- Minimum supported Python version is 2.6.
- Updated to work with WebOb 1.2
- Added backtracking when searching for resources to deal with a case when a route doesn’t handle a request method, but a later-matching route does.
- Bobo now catches application exceptions and generates 500 responses by default.
- Sanitize the request path included in the message on the default 404 page.
- An intended optimization to cache resource decorator computations didn’t work, making request handling slower than it should have been.
- URLs were sometimes treated as if they had extra slashes when traversing subroutes.
- boboserver.File must explicitly open files in binary mode, which is not the default on Windows.
Packaging update to update documentation.
Initial Public Release
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size bobo-2.4.0.tar.gz (17.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|