UI-level acceptance test framework
UI-level acceptance test framework. Full documentation available on ReadTheDocs.
A Python framework for writing robust Selenium tests.
As Bok Choy is a Python framework, you first need to install Python. If you’re running Linux or Mac OS X, you probably already have it installed. We recommend that you use pip to install your Python packages:
pip install bok_choy
On Ubuntu Linux 18.04 you might have to install firefox-geckodriver (for Firefox) and/or chromium-chomedriver (for Chromium), especially if you hit the following Error when running bok_choy:
bok_choy.promise.BrokenPromise: Promise not satisfied: Browser is instantiated successfully.
To run the test suite for bok-choy itself:
- Install Firefox; as of this writing, the current version 59.0.1 works with the latest selenium Python package (3.11.0)
- Install phantomjs
- Create a virtualenv which uses Python 2.7, 3.5, or 3.6
- With that virtualenv activated, run pip install -r requirements/tox.txt to install the tox testing tool and its dependencies
- Run tox -e py27 (or tox -e py35, etc.). If you want to run the tests in parallel, add the desired number of worker processes like tox -e py27 -- -n 5 or tox -e py35 -- -n auto.
- To test and build the documentation, run tox -e doc
- To run an individual test, run py.test tests/<test file>::<test class>::<test name>
The code in this repository is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0, unless otherwise noted.
Please see LICENSE.txt for details.
How to Contribute
Contributions are very welcome. The easiest way is to fork this repo, and then make a pull request from your fork. The first time you make a pull request, you may be asked to sign a Contributor Agreement.
Reporting Security Issues
Please do not report security issues in public. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size bok_choy-1.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (151.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size bok_choy-1.0.1.tar.gz (141.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for bok_choy-1.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl