Alternative Python debugger using prompt-toolkit.
An enhanced debugger that uses prompt-toolkit.
Since prompt-toolkit is a cross-platform readline replacement it should work on all platforms.
You can also import the
botfly.debugger module in your code and call the
post_mortem function, as with pdb.
Some notable features:
- Colorized UI - stacktrace, prompt, etc.
- More informative reports, prompt shows current position in stack.
- Invoke your editor at current point.
- REPL-like evaluator
- Enter sub-REPL if desired.
- Display opcodes.
- Switch to different stack in context or cause exceptions.
- Debug co-routines.
Don't like those annoying uncaught exceptions? Just put the following in your code (during development) to automatically enter the debugger in the event of an uncaught exception.
from botfly import debugger debugger.autodebug() ...
Then if an exception happens that isn't handled you will see the debugger.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.