Python module for reading, manipulating and converting BVH motion capture files.
This repository provides Python3 scripts for manipulating and converting BVH motion capture files.
- To install from PyPi:
pip install bvhtoolbox
- To install from github using development mode:
pip install -e git+https://github.com/OlafHaag/bvh-toolbox.git@master#egg=bvhtoolbox
- To install latest development version using regular mode (building the package):
pip install https://github.com/OlafHaag/bvh-toolbox/archive/master.zip
- The installation creates some console scripts you can use.
Manipulate BVH files
Rename joints in bvh files
- Command: bvhrenamejoints
Remove frames from BVH files
- Command: bvhremoveframes
Offset joint angles in BVH files
- Command: bvhoffsetjointangles
- Can be used to additively offset joint angles in the BVH by supplying a csv table containing the mapping of joint names to euler angles.
- The angles must be in the same order as the joint's channels in the BVH hierarchy.
Convert from or to BVH files
BVH to Cal3D XSF & XAF
- Command: bvh2xsf
- Command: bvh2xaf
- Converts BVH files to the Cal3D XML skeleton (XSF) and animation (XAF) file formats.
- The XAF files rely on the respective skeleton file.
- XAF files have been tested to work with skeletons that were exported from 3DS Max and Blender.
- I use the resulting xaf files in Worldviz' Vizard, so it's only been tested in this context.
BVH to Panda3D Egg animation file
- Command: bvh2egg
- Converts BVH files to the Panda3D animation file egg format.
BVH to CSV tables
- Command: bvh2csv
- Converts BVH to comma separated values tables.
- Ouputs one file for hierarchy, one for joint rotations, and one for joint world positions.
--hierarchyto export the respective CSV file.
- Using only the
--positionflag you can output only one of the transform tables.
--outparameter only takes a directory path as an argument.
- With the
--endsflag the End Sites are included in the *_pos.csv file.
CSV tables to BVH
- Command: csv2bvh
- Takes 3 CSV files (hierarchy, rotation, position) previously exported using bvh2csv or created otherwise and builds a bvh file from them.
All converters have a
--scale parameter taking a float as an argument. You can use it to convert between units for the position and offset values.
How to run the console batch scripts
- Open terminal.
- If you've installed the bvhtoolbox into a conda/virtual environment, you have to activate it first.
<script_name> -h(substitute <script_name> by one of the commands above) to get more information on the usage.
This package includes 20tabs' bvh module due to a lack of updates for this module on pypi.org.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for bvhtoolbox-0.1.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl