Friendly distributed version control system
Bazaar (bzr) is a decentralized revision control system, designed to be easy for developers and end users alike. Bazaar is part of the GNU project to develop a complete free operating system <http://www.gnu.org/>, and a project of Canonical <http://www.canonical.com/>.
Ready-to-install packages are available for most popular operating systems from <http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/Download/> or you can install from source by following the instructions in the INSTALL file.
To learn how to use Bazaar, see the official documentation in the doc directory or at <http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/en/>.
For additional training materials including screencasts and slides, visit our community wiki documentation page at:
Bazaar is Free Software, and is released under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later.
Bazaar directly supports both central version control (like cvs/svn) and distributed version control (like git/hg). Developers can organize their workspace in whichever way they want on a per project basis including:
- checkouts (like svn)
- feature branches (like hg)
- shared working tree (like git).
It also directly supports and encourages a large number of development best practices like refactoring and pre-commit regression testing. Users can choose between our command line tool and our cross-platform GUI application. For further details, see our website at http://bazaar.canonical.com/en/
If you encounter any problems with Bazaar, need help understanding it, or would like to offer suggestions or feedback, please get in touch with us:
- Ask a question through our web support interface, at https://answers.launchpad.net/bzr/
- Report bugs at https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+filebug
- Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org You can join the list at <https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/bazaar>. You don’t need to subscribe to post, but your first post will be held briefly for manual moderation.
- Talk to us in irc://irc.ubuntu.com/bzr
Our mission is to make a version control tool that developers LOVE to use and that casual contributors feel confident with. Please let us know how we’re going.
The Bazaar Team