Cloud Custodian - Cloud Watch Log S3 exporter
c7n-log-exporter: Cloud watch log exporter automation
A small serverless app to archive cloud logs across accounts to an archive bucket. It utilizes cloud log export to s3 feature for historical exports.
It also supports kinesis streams / firehose to move to realtime exports in the same format as the periodic historical exports.
- Log group filtering by regex
- Incremental support based on previously synced dates
- Incremental support based on last log group write time
- Cross account via sts role assume
- Lambda and CLI support.
- Day based log segmentation (output keys look like $prefix/$account_id/$group/$year/$month/$day/$export_task_uuid/$stream/$log)
- The archive bucket has already has appropriate bucket policy permissions. For details see: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudWatch/latest/logs/S3ExportTasks.html#S3Permissions
- Default periodicity for log group archival into s3 is daily.
- Exporter is run with account credentials that have access to the archive s3 bucket.
- Catch up archiving is not run in lambda (do a cli run first)
You can run on a single account / log group via the export subcommand
c7n-log-exporter export --help
To ease usage when running across multiple accounts, a config file can be specified, as an example.
Using S3 Bucket as destination
destination: bucket: custodian-log-archive prefix: logs2 accounts: - name: custodian-demo role: "arn:aws:iam::111111111111:role/CloudCustodianRole" groups: - "/aws/lambda/*" - "vpc-flow-logs"
Using CloudWatch Destination as destination cross account
The Cloudwatch Destination needs setup in account and access policy set on CloudWatch Destination to to allow source account access to the Cloudwatch Destination
subscription: destination-arn: "arn:aws:logs:us-east-1:111111111111:destination:CustodianCWLogsDestination" destination-role: "arn:aws:iam::111111111111:role/CWLtoKinesisRole" name: "CustodianCWLogsDestination" destination: bucket: custodian-log-archive prefix: logs2 accounts: - name: custodian-demo role: "arn:aws:iam::111111111111:role/CloudCustodianRole" groups: - "/aws/lambda/*" - "vpc-flow-logs"
Multiple accounts via cli
To run on the cli across multiple accounts, edit the config.yml to specify multiple accounts and log groups.
c7n-log-exporter run --config config.yml
Edit config.yml to specify the accounts, archive bucket, and log groups you want to use.
make install make deploy
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for c7n_logexporter-0.4.16-py3-none-any.whl