Simple tools to query and retrieve data from the ESGF's CMIP5 and CORDEX projects.
Python code to manage the analysis of climate model outputs published in the CMIP5 and CORDEX archives
This package provides simple tools to process data from the CMIP5 and CORDEX archives distributed by the Earth System Grid Federation.
This package was developed by F. B. Laliberte and P. J. Kushner as part of the “ExArch: Climate analytics on distributed exascale data archives” G8 Research Initiative grant. http://proj.badc.rl.ac.uk/exarch
This version is a major rewrite from earlier versions.
Frederic Laliberte, Paul J. Kushner Univerity of Toronto, 2014
The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC/CRSNG) funded FBL and PJK during this project.
If using this code to retrieve and process data from the ESGF please cite: Efficient, robust and timely analysis of Earth System Models: a database-query approach F. Laliberté, Juckes, M., Denvil, S., Kushner, P. J., Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., Submitted.
- 1.3: Added support for FTP archives. Added support for project LRFTIP. Two time series
- described by soft links can now be safely concantenated BEFORE a download.
1.2.2: Several bug fixes. Added support for project NMME.
1.2.1: Enabled certficates management within validate, download and download_raw
1.1.0: Required update for the certificates function. The certificates function in prior versions has been deprecated.
126.96.36.199: Fixed a minor bug with validate.
- 1.0.11: Fixed a certificate issue. Added the possiblity of making a partial validate where only the time stamp in files
- is checked. This allows to sidestep a full validate if download_raw is to be used.
188.8.131.52-2: Fixed a bug with h5py. Critical update for 1.0.9.
- 1.0.9: Added the possibility of downloading the time step BEFORE and / or AFTER the requested times in ‘download’ and ‘download_raw’.
- Fixed an authentication problem with newer versions of NETCDF4.
1.0.8: Bug fixes with fancy opendap queries.
1.0.7: Several bug fixes with complex queries. Includes basic updating features.
1.0.6: Major fixes to validate. Fixes to download_raw.
1.0.5: Fixed the certificates manager for the POODLE bug. Fixed the handling of piControl experiments.
1.0.4: Fixed handling of CORDEX nodes, fixed validate for more than one experiment.
1.0.3: Minor changes to help.
1.0.3-rc4: Fixed a minor bug in ‘validate’ command were a model that should have been excluded was not.
1.0.3-rc2: Optimized the ‘ask’ command. Optimized the asynchronous processing for ‘ask’, ‘validate’ and ‘apply’.