C'Dent - A Portable Module Programming Language
C’Dent - A Portable Module Programming Language
C’Dent is a programming language that:
- Is primarily intended to write portable OO modules. C’Dent modules are written once, and then compiled to equivalent port modules in any number of supported programming languages.
- Compiles to a Common’DENominaTor tree form known as C’Dent. C’Dent is an OO model that has the notions of modules, classes, methods, and expressions.
- Uses static implicit typing to assign types to all objects at compile time, and throw syntax errors for type conflicts. Strong typing is required to generate equivalent code in the various emitted port languages.
Currently the best way to install C’Dent is to get the source code and install it like so:
> git clone git://github.com/ingydotnet/cdent.git > cd cdent > sudo python setup.py install
You will need setuptools for Python to run the last command. On Debian-based systems, this can be installed with:
> sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
After you install C’Dent, you will have a
cdent compiler in your Unix path.
Try running this command:
You’ll need a program written in C’Dent. There are some in your C’Dent
repository clone. One example is
tests/modules/world.cd.py which looks like
"""\ This is World class :) """ class World(): def greet(self): print "Hello, world"
You can compile to Ruby with this command:
cdent --compile --in=tests/modules/world.cd.py --to=rb
# *** DO NOT EDIT *** This is a C'Dent generated Ruby module. ### # This is World class :) ### class World def greet puts("Hello, world") end end
You can compile it to many other languages by changing the value of
C’Dent can currently parse modules with a simplistic grammar of Module/Classes/Methods/Print/Comments to an AST form and generate equivalent output modules in many languages:
C’Dent can currently parse:
- Perl 6
- C’Dent/YAML (a C’Dent AST in YAML form)
C’Dent can currently produce:
- Perl 6
- Python 3
- Add variables and assignments
- Add type detection
- Add Ruby and Perl as input
- Add Scala and C++ as output
- Lots of other stuff
Join #cdent on irc.freenode.net.
C’Dent is Copyright (c) 2010, Ingy dot Net
C’Dent is licensed under the New BSD License. See the LICENSE file.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cdent-0.5.7.tar.gz (23.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|