Cryptographical Expendable Notes
C(ryptographical) E(xpendable) Notes
Free software: GNU General Public License v3
What is this?
A backend project to support encryption/decryption of expendable notes
An example using this backend can be found at https://cenot.es
What this isn't
UI/Frontend. This is a backend project. Frontend solutions will be different projects. The reason for this is to allow flexibility in frontend choice and to avoid huge bundle projects.
A frontend project that communicates with the backend can be found here
A cli project to test the encrypt/decrypt actions offline can be found here. Backend project uses this package for every crypto action
Symmetric encryption of notes using the pynacl project
On the fly encryption/decryption
- Notes can be encrypted/decrypted on the fly without storing anything on the server
Expiration date notes
- After that date, the notes are deleted and cannot be retrieved (default is never)
Notes that are deleted after N visits
- After N retrievals of a note, the note is deleted (default is 1)
Duress key for immediate note deletion
- Using the duress key instead of the real decryption key will delete the note and respond as if the note didn't exist (to avoid indicating the use of the duress key)
Persistent visit notes
- Notes can be marked as "persistent visit" so that that they are not deleted based on visit count
How does this work?
How to run
See how to run
How to deploy
Features to be added sometime
- Modification of a note's settings
- Zero visit count
- Change max visits option
- Change expiration date
- Public key encryption and user database
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.