Python interface to the CF-1.6 data model (new API)
- Note: There have been some API changes between version 1.x and 2.x of cf-python. Version 1.x will not get any new functionality, but will be patched for the foreseeable future. The latest 1.x release is version 1.5.4.post6
- The package runs on Linux and Mac OS operating systems.
- Requires Python version 2.7.
- See the README.md file for further dependencies
- The cfplot package does not currently work for versions 2.x of cf-python (it does work for versions 1.x). This will be resolved soon.
Command line utilities
- The cfdump tool generates text representations on standard output of the CF fields contained in the input files.
- The cfa tool creates and writes to disk the CF fields contained in the input files.
- During installation these scripts will be copied automatically to a location given by the PATH environment variable.