API change at version 2.0
* **Note:** There have been some API changes between version 1.x and
2.x of cf-python. Version 1.x will not get any new functionality, but
will be patched for the foreseeable future. The latest 1.x release is
* `cf-python <http://cfpython.bitbucket.io>`_
* `Online documentation for the latest stable release
* The package runs on Linux and Mac OS operating systems.
* Requires a python version from 2.6 up to, but not including, 3.0.
* See the `README.md
file for further dependencies
* The `cfplot package <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cf-plot>`_ at
version 1.9.10 or newer provides metadata-aware visualisation for
cf-python fields. This is not a dependency for cf-python.
Command line utilities
* The `cfdump` tool generates text representations on standard output
of the CF fields contained in the input files.
* The `cfa` tool creates and writes to disk the CF fields contained in
the input files.
* During installation these scripts will be copied automatically to a
location given by the ``PATH`` environment variable.
* `MIT License <http://opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php>`_
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.