A check digit library for data validation
checkdigit is a pure Python library built for identification numbers. You want to validate a credit card number, or maybe even calculate a missing digit on an ISBN code? We’ve got you covered 😎.
Want to know more? Check out the API Reference and documentation!
- PEP 561 compatible, with built in support for type checking.
- Capable of calculating missing digits or validating a block of data.
- Extensive in-code comments and docstrings to explain how it works behind the scenes. 🪄
✅ Supported Formats
- Even/Odd binary parity
- CRC (credit to @sapieninja)
For each of these formats, we provide functions to validate them and calculate missing digits.
Do you have any formats that you’d like to see supported? 🤔 Feel free to raise an issue, or even to send a pull request!
- Contributing Page: https://checkdigit.rtfd.io/en/latest/contributing.html
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/harens/checkdigit/issues
- Source Code: https://github.com/harens/checkdigit
Any change, big or small, that you think can help improve this project is more than welcome 🎉.
As well as this, feel free to open an issue with any new suggestions or bug reports. Every contribution is appreciated.
To find out more, please read our contributing page. Thank you!
This project is licensed under GPL-3.0-or-later.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size checkdigit-0.3.1-py3-none-any.whl (27.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size checkdigit-0.3.1.tar.gz (23.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for checkdigit-0.3.1-py3-none-any.whl