An extension to Sphinx for managing a blog or static website
|Description:||An extension to Sphinx for managing blogs and static websites.|
|Status:||Alpha - incomplete, not well tested, breaking changes likely|
|Python Support:||2.7, further compatibility to come in beta|
Chephren is an extension for Sphinx that adds features for managing static websites that are not software documentation. Sphinx is a great tool for documenting software projects, but it is missing some common features that would make it just as good for managing static websites. Features provided by Chephren include:
- Marking a distinction between “posts” and utility pages like the search or about page
- Allow posts to bypass the “not found in any toctree” warning
- RSS feed for your posts
- Date-based archive page for your posts
- Category-based archive page for your posts
Lots of planned features don’t yet exist, even features you might expect. Here’s a list of things you cannot do (yet).
- Rename the archive pages (you’re stuck with blog-bydate and blog-bycategory for now)
- Create a separate page for each category
- Paginate the feed
- Produce a feed in any format except Atom (but Atom is widely supported)
- Create a traditional-looking blog home page (without custom coding anyway)
- Apply a custom template to a post
Copyright and License
Copyright 2015 Vincent Veselosky and contributors.
Unless otherwise noted, files in this distribution are licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use these files except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Documentation and non-software assets included in this distribution are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size chephren-0.1.0-py2-none-any.whl (10.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size chephren-0.1.0.tar.gz (27.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|