Tagmanager offers a graphical interface for removing and merging tags. This is usefull for big open data portals with many contributors, where tags are not always kept consistent.
We offer three modes of tags merging suggestions:
- Strong: show tags that differ only by capitals special characters;
- Medium: show tags that have a Levenshtein edit distance smaller than one;
- Synonym: show tags that are synomyns (only for English)
This extensions is intended to fill the tag managament gap of CKAN. CKAN core offers only a listing of tags, and edition through the specific datasets.
In the future, we plan to offer the creation of relationships between tags, and connection to a central semantic tag server.
Before installing tagmanager, make sure you have:
* CKAN 2.5+
* Levenshtein python library: pip install python-Levenshtein
* Unidecode python library: pip install unidecode
* NLTK library: pip install nltk
* NLTK data: python -m nltk.downloader all
To install ckanext-tagmanager:
1. Activate your CKAN virtual environment, for example::
2. Install the ckanext-tagmanager Python package into your virtual environment::
pip install ckanext-tagmanager
3. Add ``tagmanager`` to the ``ckan.plugins`` setting in your CKAN
config file (by default the config file is located at
4. Restart CKAN. For example if you've deployed CKAN with Apache on Ubuntu::
sudo service apache2 reload
To install ckanext-tagmanager for development, activate your CKAN virtualenv and
git clone https://github.com/alantygel/ckanext-tagmanager.git
python setup.py develop
pip install -r dev-requirements.txt
Navigate to yoursite/tagmanager
TODO: Brief introduction on what you do with files - including link to relevant help section.