Experience better workflow with google colab, local jupyter notebooks and git
Welcome to colab-cli 👋
You can now easily manage working with jupyter notebooks and google colab from cli.
- 🤠 Upload local jupyter notebook to gdrive from cli
- 😮 Quick access to jupyter notebooks in gdrive from your cli
- 🚀 Keeps jupyter notebooks organized in gdrive by creating local file structure in gdrive
- 🤯 Sync local work on notebooks with gdrive
- 🥂 Git friendly, pull changes from gdrive and commit to git
pip3 install colab-cli
First we need to get your client_secrets.json file for OAuth2.0 authentication for Drive API,
Go to APIs Console and make your own project.
Search for ‘Google Drive API’, select the entry, and click ‘Enable’.
Select ‘Credentials’ from the left menu, click ‘Create Credentials’, select ‘OAuth client ID’.
Now, the product name and consent screen need to be set -> click ‘Configure consent screen’ and follow the instructions. Once finished:
a. Select ‘Application type’ to be Web application.
b. Enter an appropriate name.
d. Input http://localhost:8080/ for ‘Authorized redirect URIs’.
e. Click ‘Save’.
Click ‘Download JSON’ on the right side of Client ID to download client_secret_<really long ID>.json.
Rename the file to “client_secrets.json” and place it in any directory.
Go to the local directory with client_secrets.json
colab-cli set-config client_secrets.json
Now we need to set the google account user id, goto your browser and see how many google logins you have, the count start from zero
for eg. I have 3 login and I use the second one for coding work, so my user id is 1
colab-cli set-auth-user 1
🙌 Now You're all set to go
- List local ipynb
NOTE : Please work with git repo initialized, else below commands will not work
- Open local ipynb file in google colab for first time
Note: It opens the copy of file in gdrive from second time onwards.
colab-cli open-nb lesson1-pets.ipynb
- If you need to get modified ipynb from gdrive local directory use
colab-cli pull-nb lesson1-pets.ipynb
- Made some changes to ipynb locally, push it to gdrive
colab-cli push-nb lesson1-pets.ipynb
- To make a new notebook, you can use
colab-cli new-nb my_nb.ipynb
👤 Akshay Ashok
Contributions, issues and feature requests are welcome!
Show your support
Give a 🌟 if this project helped you!
Copyright © 2020 Akshay Ashok.
This project is MIT licensed.
This README was generated with ❤ by readme-md-generator
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for colab_cli-2.2.5-py3-none-any.whl