Arboreal is a tool which lets you manage multiple trees.
Arboreal is a tool which lets you manage multiple trees. These trees are stored within the portal. They can be used in Archetypes as a vocabulary for fields.
The tool comes with a GenericSetup profile. Therefore you can just install it by going to the portal setup system. It will create a configlet which you can access via the same portal setup.
Integration with Archetypes
The primary usage for Arboreal is to use it for hierarchical vocabularies. To make this a reality Arboreal has its own widget and field types.
An example of configuring a field within a schema is given below.
MultiArborealField('groups', tree='tree_group_id', storeCompletePath = True, widget=MultiTreeSelectionWidget( label='Group', label_msgid='label_group', description_msgid='help_group', i18n_domain='JUNG', ) ),
The tree is used as a vocabulary. You do not have to create this tree. Arboreal will create it automatically when it does not exist. The MultiTreeSelectionWidget is basically a multi selection widget which indents the tree nodes using spaces. This gives the visual appearance of a tree. And lastly we have the MultiArborealField. With this field you can get a list of all paths stored. The storeCompletePath keyword toggles parent storage. It is set to False by default. Parent storage works as follows.
Say you have a tree like given below:
- Node - Subnode
If you select the sub node in the interface and store it the path will be stored. When storeCompletePath is set to False it will only contain the path to Subnode. If storeCompletePath is set to True the parent will be stored as well. An example of the differences:
storeCompletePath = False
path = [Node/Subnode]
storeCompletePath = True
path = [Node/Subnode, Node]
Storing the full path is useful for when you want to use the path as a filtering mechanism. You can then easily do a catalog query on a keyword index for a specific path. The reason we are not just using a path index is that you can select multiple points in the tree.
2.0 - 2011-07-21
- Add a new storeOnlyLeaves option on the field. [hannosch]
- Adjust some templates for Plone 4 compatibility and allow renaming of nodes. [hannosch]
- Adjust imports to match Plone 4 locations, avoid __implements__. [hannosch]
- Add z3c.autoinclude entry point. [hannosch]
- Update GS profile to Plone 4-style. [hannosch]
- Update distribution metadata. [hannosch]
1.0 - 2008-09-18
- Allow creation of nodes with a specific id. [mj]
- Made XML import/export code accept a path, defaulting to old-hardcoded value. [mj]
- Converted to an egg, renamed to collective.arboreal, updated to Z3 tech, replaced Install.py with a GS profile. [mj]
- Initial import to the collective [jvloothuis, jjmurre]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size collective.arboreal-2.0.zip (55.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|