Integrates the Aviary photo editor into Plone.
Table of Contents
To enable this package in a buildout-based installation:
Edit your buildout.cfg and add add the following to it:
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.aviary
After updating the configuration you need to run ‘’bin/buildout’’, which will take care of updating your system.
Go to the ‘Site Setup’ page in a Plone site and click on the ‘Add-ons’ link.
Check the box next to collective.aviary and click the ‘Activate’ button.
You may have to empty your browser cache and save your resource registries in order to see the effects of the product installation.
collective.aviary replaces the standard Transform tab in native Image content type with a new one that invokes the Aviary photo editor.
Aviary Basic SDK maximum output resolution is 1 megapixel on its web version.
- Adds an Image Editor link near the image widget allowing the user to rotate, flip, blur, compress, change contrast & brightness, sharpen, add drop shadows, crop, resize an image, save as, and apply sepia. Was the first attemp to enhance Plone image editing options but, let’s face it, who wants to use a user interface à la GIMP these days?
- Integrates Aviary, FotoFlexer and Pixlr into Plone. Unfortunately, Aviary support was broken when we test it and it was the only service we wanted to use. On the other side, creating a new package with support only for Aviary allow us better control of its features.
- Allows images to be manually cropped using Jcrop, a jQuery image cropping plugin. This package aims to be THE cropping solution for Plone that just works ™. Unfortunately, the package only use case is cropping on the scales given by plone.app.imaging and not on the original image.
- Add the z3c.autoinclude plugin. [hvelarde]
- Override atct_image_transform when the add-on is installed instead of creating a new view and action. [hvelarde]
- Fix package dependencies. [hvelarde]
- Launch aviary at transform view load (closes #3). [jpgimenez]
- Disable portlet columns at transform view. [jpgimenez]
- Simplify HTML and move editable image inside content-core. [jpgimenez]
- Initial release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size collective.aviary-1.0b1.zip (50.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|