Portlet with call to action
This shows a call to action: an overlay with an image, titel rich text. This calls the attention of a visitor to take action, usually to click a link or button.
- A call to action portlet. This is basically a copy of the static text portlet with a few extra options.
- In the portlet you can set the number of milliseconds before the overlay is shown. This can be several minutes and go over multiple pages: using a cookie, we keep track of how long you have been on the site.
- When the overlay is shown, the cookie is updated so that we show the overlay only once. The cookie is specific for this portlet: a new call to action portlet will be shown once too.
- When you edit the portlet, you can use a checkbox to say that this is not a minor edit, but a new version. The previous cookie is then not valid anymore and the visitor will again see the overlay once.
- The portlet itself is never shown. Instead a viewlet looks for portlets and shows the contents after a pause. This avoids a portlet column taking up space but not showing anything when there are no other portlets.
- You can create multiple portlets if you really want to, but only one overlay is shown on a page. If there are three portlets, and the user has already seen the first one but not the others, then the second one will be shown.
- There is a control panel where you can say that the action is global across the site. This can help if parts of your site block the portlets and you still want to see the action there.
This product has been translated into
- Dutch (Maurits van Rees)
Install collective.calltoaction by adding it to your buildout:
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.calltoaction
and then running bin/buildout
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/collective/collective.calltoaction/issues
- Source Code: https://github.com/collective/collective.calltoaction
- Documentation: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.calltoaction
If you are having issues, please let us know by creating an issue in the tracker.
The project is licensed under the GPLv2.
- CSS improvements for normal display of image. [jladage]
- Added option to display the image tilted or normal. Update Dutch translations. [jladage]
- Fixed problem when showing viewlet with form globally. After submit, the form could then be shown twice. We had already fixed that for the normal case, but not for the case where the viewlet is globally shown. [maurits]
- Added form field to portlet. You can select a PloneFormGen FormFolder with this. The portlet then shows this as an embedded form under the title and text. [maurits]
- Added control panel option to always show the popup. This ignores the cookie. This can be handy during development. You need to run the upgrade in the add-ons control panel. [maurits]
- Added option to show action globally, regardless of blocked portlets. The timeout is now always the time since the first visit of a page with this portlet. [maurits]
- Set overlay fixed and center of the browser.
- Except AttributeErrors only, and verify if an image is actually uploaded to a newsitem. [jladage]
- Support both ATImage and ATNewsItem as providers of images. [jladage]
- Initial release. [mauritsvanrees]