Plone utility for importing your ATVocabularyManager vocabularies from CSV sources (with LinguaPlone support)
This is not a Plone add-on.
This library is an utility that helps developers to integrate vocabulary done using ATVocabularyManager to be imported using Generic Setup Python handlers and CSV sources.
It also support LinguaPlone (if present).
How to use
Just import the createVocabulary function and use it:
>>> portal_vocabularies = getToolByName(portal, 'portal_vocabularies') >>> from collective.csv2atvocabularymanager.csv_import import createVocabulary >>> createVocabulary(portal_vocabularies, fs_path, 'my.vocabulary.id', ... "My vocabulary", description='A vocabulary for...')
- is the ATVocabularyManager tool created after installing it
is a filesystem path of a folder, where you must put you CSV sources.
If the code is called from a setuphandlers.py script, you can call something like:
>>> os.path.join(os.path.dirname( __file__ ), 'vocabularies')
This way the code will look for a “vocabularies” folder inside you project
- is the vocabulary id that will be created and a file with that name and “.csv” extension will be searched inside the fs_path folder.
- is the title of the vocabulary
- is the description of the vocabulary
Also, you have other optional additional parameters:
- If the portal_type name of the vocabulary created (default is “SimpleVocabulary”)
- is the sort method of the vocabulary
- is a list of possible values that must be used as “null” (can be useful is your CSV is taken from a raw export from SQL database, and strings like “NULL” can be found inside the source).
- is a boolean flag used to change the generated vocabulary term id, adding to it the language code suffix.
CSV format examples
A CSV file named “foo.bar.vocabulary.csv” in that format:
"id","en" "item-1","Item one" "item-2","Item two" ...
Will create a vocabulary entry with id “foo.bar.vocabulary”, with vocabulary terms ids “item-1” and “item-2”, … and titles “Item one”, “Item two”, …
The header row is required. While the id column’s name is not used, that language column name is used to specify the vocabulary term language code (so: normally use the portal default language).
You can also import item in different languages:
"id","en","it" "item-1","Item one","Elemento 1" "item-2","Item two","Elemento 2" ...
In that way you will create same terms as in previous example, and additional vocabulary terms with ids “item-1-it”, “item-2-it”, … and titles “Elemento 1”, “Elemento 2”, …
You can provide additional languages addim more columns. Just remember to keep the fist language column as the one with portal default language.
The real power of language columns will be used if you also install LinguaPlone. In that way you will create translations of vocabulary terms.
Please, keep in mind that ATVocabularyManager already support Generic Setup integration for creating vocabularies at install time.
However you are foced to use the “IMS VDEX Vocabulary File”.
Please note also that vocabulary implementation from ATVM already provides a importCSV method.
- Fixed packaging error (missing MANIFEST.in file) [keul]
- Initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|collective.csv2atvocabularymanager-0.1.1.zip (26.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Nov 13, 2012|