This package is the glue between different packages offering a usable and integrated dashboard application
This package does the glue between :
This build a useable eea.facetednavigation based dashboard (works on both Plone 4.3.x and Plone 5.x). Use the demo profile to easily check what it does :
Dashboard is essentially made of a faceted widget displaying pre-configured searches, results are displayed in a faceted layout using a table.
The searches filter (collective.eeafaceted.collectionwidget) :
This filter aims to display “functional and already well thought” searches to users.
- this filter uses the collective.eeafaceted.collectionwidget that is a faceted navigation widget displaying a list of searches stored in current folder;
- searches stored in folder are elements of type DashboardCollection (based on plone.app.contenttypes Collection) with 3 specific fields “Show number of items in filter?”, “Enabled?” and “Condition” (let’s Managers enter a TAL expression to define to who this search will be displayed in the collection faceted filter);
- it is possible to display the count information on a per search basis (here it is enabled for “Elements to review” and “Expired elements” searches);
- the current page title changes depending on selected search;
- a default search can be selected so it is executed when user access the dashboard.
The table faceted layout (collective.eeafaceted.z3ctable) :
Every faceted layout can be selected to display the dashboard results but collective.eeafaceted.z3ctable add a new faceted layout that displays a z3c.table with sortable columns (using the sort icons in the column header) and a selection column.
- columns may be selected on the defined DashboardCollections so different columns may be displayed for different searches;
- a “refresh search results” is available so user may refresh the faceted layout without having to reload the entire page;
- the selection column is useable with collective.documentgenerator or collection.eeafaceted.batchactions for example.
Managing complex searches (collective.compoundcriterion) :
This package rely on collective.compoundcriterion, it adds a new search criterion called “Filter” for Collections that will let user select a named adapter registered for the ICompoundCriterionFilter. This adapter returns a catalog query compatible with a Collection query. This makes it possible to manage complex searches that are not configurable on a Collection using the querywidget.
Document generation (collective.documentgenerator) :
Dashboard integrates the colletive.documentgenerator package that makes it possible to export a dashboard in any format supported by collective.documentgenerator (odt, doc, docx, ods, xls, pdf, …). Exportable documents are managed by DashboardPODTemplates added in the dashboard folder.
- it is possible to restrict exportation templates to specific dashboard searches;
- as for DashboardCollections, it is possible to define a availability condition so document may only be generated by some users.
- integrate collective.eeafaceted.batchactions when it will work on Plone 5 (integration is already possible on Plone 4).
- Do not render widget twice when portlet faceted displayed outside dashboard. [gbastien]
- Adapted CSS for div.table_faceted_results displaying number of results. [gbastien]
- Remove contsraint on Products.ZCatalog. [sdelcourt]
- Always use latest versions of eea products. [gbastien]
- Sort uniquely collection vocabulary columns names, because multiple columns with same name can be defined for different interfaces. [sgeulette]
- Added parameter default_UID to utils.enableFacetedDashboardFor to set default collection UID when enabling faceted on a folder. [gbastien]
- When calling utils.enableFacetedDashboardFor, set a value in the REQUEST enablingFacetedDashboard specifying that we are currently enabling a faceted dashboard. [gbastien]
- Make sure overrided vocabulary plone.app.contenttypes.metadatafields is also used when adding a new DashboardCollection, so when current context is not a DashboardCollection but the parent. [gbastien]
- Added demo profile. [gbastien]
- Added parameter show_left_column=True to utils.enableFacetedDashboardFor to be able to not show the Plone left column when enabling dashboard on a faceted folder. [gbastien]
- Added DashboardCollectionsVocabulary._render_term_title to make it easy to override term title rendering. [gbastien]
- Override default eea.facetednavigation spinner (ajax-loader.gif). [gbastien]
- Get current URL in JS to call the @@json_collections_count a way it works in both Plone4 and Plone5. [gbastien]
- Moved the PrettyLinkColumn and RelationPrettyLinkColumn to collective.eeafaceted.z3ctable. [gbastien]
- Initial release. [gbastien]