TinyMCE visual editor support for embed.ly service
This package provides TinyMCE visual editor support for embed.ly service: videos, images and other rich media can be inserted to Plone from different services through one API.
The approach here is to use the Transform machinery to replace the URL with embed code by calling the embed.ly API.
There are more than 200 services that support embed.ly service. These are such video sharing sites as Youtube, Blip.tv, Vimeo; such audio streaming services as Grooveshark, SoundCloud, last.fm; such image/photo stocks as Flickr, and many other: GoogleMaps, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
To embed media from the embedly-supported external resource to Plone:
- Go to the object’s edit form, select some text and click ‘Insert/Edit Embedly link’ button.
- In the panel add link and configure extra parameters in ‘Advanced’ tab. Check http://embed.ly/docs/arguments for params description.
- The text should now look like linked. TinyMCE makes the whole passage linked, so keep in mind that the whole passage will later be substituted with embedded media.
- Save this page. Now when rendered, there will be “preview” from embed.ly service inserted instead of the linked text.
More about usage at http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/collective.embedly
collective.embedly does not fix errors in provided URLs
you can check if your URL will be transformed calling embed.ly manualy, for example:
o video URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1NPLlhFTVk o you should call http://api.embed.ly/1/oembed setting ‘url’ parameter with your value o http://api.embed.ly/1/oembed?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1NPLlhFTVk o http://api.embed.ly/1/oembed?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1NPLlhFTVk&fromat=xml format result as xml
You can set parameters by going to the Plone control panel / Embedly settings:
o cache usage and timeout o service URL verification o API key
You can update the regular expression for supported services by calling http://yourhost/plonesite/@@update_embedly_services
The default is to not pass along an API key, your requests to embedly will be anonymous and based solely on IP address.
Supported Plone Version
- Plone 4.x
- Volodymyr Cherepanyak
- Roman Kozlovskyi
- Serhiy Valchuk
- Clayton Parker
- Laurent Lasudry
- Harald Friessnegger
2.4 - May 6, 2015
- Internationalization added [lepri]
- add url of document that caused embedly error in the error log (this fixes #12) [fRiSi]
- Add rel=0 setting to not show related videos in youtube embeds. [fRiSi]
- Add German translations. [fRiSi]
2.3 - Jan 29, 2014
- Add control panel to manage settings [laulaz]
2.2 - Aug 29, 2013
- Don’t cache errors in persistent cache [kroman0]
- Added persistent cache and cache timeout [kroman0]
2.1 - May 13, 2013
- Updated embed.ly api url [kroman0]
- support urls containing non-asci characters such as http://maps.google.com/maps?q=%C3%96sterreich (fixes #5) [fRiSi]
- added ‘Use services regexp’ bool field to registry. (fixes #4) [kroman0]
2.0 - Feb 25, 2013
- change tests structure [kroman0]
- added acceptance tests [kroman0]
- added TinyMCE plugin [kroman0]
- cleanup genericsetup profiles [kroman0]
1.7 - Nov 23, 2011
- added view for updating embedly services manually
- handling of empty api_key added
- local cache of available services updated
1.6 - Sep 14, 2011
- Only run the uninstall profile when the product is being uninstalled. This allows for the api key to survive through a reinstall. [claytron]
- Add support for passing the embedly API key [claytron]
1.5 - Sep 2, 2011
- href distinguishing regular expression improved
- logging added
1.4.1 - Aug 8, 2011
- typpos in CSS fixed
1.4 - Apr 26, 2011
- URL parameters parsing algorithm updated
1.3 - Apr 05, 2011
- maxwidth, maxheight, callback, wmode params support added
- updated list of embedly services
1.2 - Mar 29, 2011
- the embedly link now marked with icon and background in TinyMCE
1.1 - Mar 4, 2011
- proper registration of embedly transformation done; does not clash with safe HTML transform from now on
1.0 - Mar 3, 2011
- Initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size collective.embedly-2.4.zip (68.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|