Dexterity behavior for file previews based on Products.ARFilePreview (WARNING: Archetypes dependencies!)
collective.filepreviewbehavior contains a behavior for using Products.ARFilePreview with dexterity content types. The views and some adapters are overwritten ARFilePreview uses some Archetypes specific stuff.
BE WARNED: If you have a dexterity setup, you may not want to install Archetypes. But Products.ARFilePreview was developed for Archetypes and may still depend on it.
Add the behavior collective.filepreviewbehavior.interfaces.IPreviewable to the behaviors list of your dexterity conten type, then the uploaded file will be converted to a HTML preview.
Use as name for the file-field “file” and mark it as primary field. The file field should be in your primary schema interfaces, a behavior schema interface may not work.
For more information about marking as primary field check out the dexterity documentation (the chapter on webdav): http://plone.org/products/dexterity/documentation/manual/developer-manual/advanced/webdav-and-other-file-representations
Products.ARFilePreview provides three views: * file_preview : A view containg the download link and a the preview of the document embedded in the plone theme. * preview_provider : A view only containing the preview of the document. This view can be used as fullscreen / popup preview. * file_asdoc : A view only containing the preview of the document, but embedded in the plone theme.
You may the make some actions for your content, collective.filepreviewbehavior will not create any actions.
- We should not expect the objects to provide the IBasic behavior, but we know that there is always a Title() and a Description() method (inherited from CMFCore) [26.11.2009, jbaumann]
- MissingBinary should not fail, but skip creating the preview and put a error message into the log. [06.11.2009, jbaumann]
- It should not fail if there is no primary field value [06.11.2009, jbaumann]
- Added some tests, they are not working well because we test with a plain type (without any schemata and without a required file field). [23.10.2009, jbaumann]
- Added some documentation [23.10.2009, jbaumann]
- Initial implementation [22.10.2009, jbaumann]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, Size & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||File Type||Python Version||Upload Date|
(15.4 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Egg||2.4||Jan 11, 2010|
(6.6 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Source||None||Jan 11, 2010|